vi. a very trusting god

- - -

Himinbjorg (gates of Asgard, Heimdall's workspace)

"So, shall I ask why you put a spell on the rightful heir to my realm's throne?" Asked the man with sass in his voice

"My friend, you very well know Thor Odinson is not the rightful heir" she said with a pointed stare and her hands on her hips "Also, you know very well why I did it, he'll blabber on and on about every and anything concerning his midgardian adventures to dear mommy and daddy" Cora added dismissively

"I should be inclined to advise you not to refer to the royal family with such lack of respect."

"When has that ever stopped me, great Heimdall?" Retorted the giggling woman

"Never, queen Cora" The two friends laughed at the use of titles, very much unnecessary between them

- - -

Avengers compound

Cora had left the group half an hour ago, now only Thor, Clint, Natasha and Tony were left in the sitting room, everyone else had scattered around shortly after Francis had left. After talking about trivial stuff for a bit longer, the god decided to bid everyone goodnight and walk to his room.

In his floor there were four rooms, one belonging to him, another to Wanda and the other two had always been empty, well, not anymore since Cora had been given one of those deserted bedrooms.

The rooms were located in a way that it made a zig-zag of doors in the picturesque hall. The elevator opened to a large hallway, the first door was to the left and belonged to the scarlet witch, the next door was a few meters away from the first door, this one was to the right and it was the, now, only empty room in the floor. The third door was the one where the new teammate was residing in, second door on the left. And finally, the last door, located in the right side of the hall, was Thor's.

Naturally to get to his bedroom he had to pass the other three. When he passed Wanda's he heard the sound of the characteristic rehearsed laughter that were ever heard in the sitcoms the witchling was so very fond of.

Thor chuckled to himself at the memory of Wanda making him watch the show "Friends" and saying he was almost exactly like Joey, difference being the god was a gentleman and the fictional midgardian wasn't. He of course didn't understand a word the woman had spoken and had to, later that day, ask Steve what the younger twin had meant.

As he walked past the second door he wasn't surprised to hear the fainting sound of Maximoff's TV and nothing coming from the empty bedroom. He kept going and as he neared the third room, there was a humming that gradually became louder.

Thor stopped dead in his tracks as he got to Cora's room, he couldn't stop listening to the enthralling noise she made. It was familiar, so familiar, he knew that sound from somewhere, from someone, sometime, somehow. It was on the the tip of his tongue, he was already practically pulling at his hair trying to force his brain to work out where that hum came from

"Valhalla" breathed barely audibly the god

That's the tune his father had taught him, everyone who was placed in Valhalla was welcomed with that beautiful little number the second they crossed its gates. Cora was humming heaven's melody. It made no sense at all.

He went to knock the door but thought better of it remembering the doctor's letter and decided to ask Jarvis

"Sir Jarvis, is Cora awake?"