Chapter 8-Hoodlum or Gangster?

A/N: Weee~ Too happy here! So, here's chapter 8. I apologize for the wait as I was busy with works and cycling! =D Please forgive me! Oh, yea...Please don't hate Chloe, she really had gone through worse. Continue VOTING and Comment. Thank you~SYT

Chapter 8

Dion was one of the members in the most fearsome gang in Arrondissement de Passé which is also known as the 16th arrondissement of Paris. His gang’s headquarters is near the Bois de Boulogne.

That was what he told me when we talked while walking back to his house located at the 7th arrondissement of Paris, that’s where Eiffel Tower is standing too!

He showed me around whatever arrondissement-I don’t even know what that is- and talked about his history to me. Actually, we didn’t speak along the way back to his house. I started asking him when we met one of the members of his old gang in a grocery shop.

        I wanted to buy some drinks and he offered to pay but of course, you know me, I don’t like to owe people something. So we argued. Until his old friend enter the shop, looking suspicious as he had his hood up and cover most of his face. Dion sudden stopped on our conversation and his eyes were fixed at that guy made me curious.

“Dion,” that guy said and nodded in respect at him, also shocked that Dion was here too. He paid for his food and left the shop quickly like trying to escape some kind of demon. Dion’s eyes were sharp and serious as he stared after the guy while I watched the drama between them.

“Who’s that?” I asked as he went to open the door to the fridge. He took out two bottles of Iced Lemon Tea and walked over to the cashier. He didn’t answer me at all! He totally ignored me like I was nothing except air to him.

“Who the hell is that?” I demanded, pulling him to stop before he leaves the shop. People around the shop were watching us, eyes widening in surprise, some murmured to the ones beside them. Dion glanced around cautiously and pulled me to him as we left the store together.

I let him pull me to a corner until I cannot stand it anymore. His clothes were radiating some kind of fragrant to me, making me dizzy. I pushed him away, as rough as I could so he can fall on his ass but he was strong, he stood like a wall there. He passed me the bottle, opened the cover to his and takes a gulp.

“Who-“

“One of my old gang’s member,” he cut me off, staring at the wall which surround us. I can see people walking past by this alley, not noticing us at all.

I opened my eyes wider than usual and I was trying to force it out of my socket. I didn’t want to see him at all! I also wanted to pull my ears off my head so I couldn’t hear what he said just now.

He was a hoodlum, what did you expect from me? I am the most famous rock star! What if he kidnaps me, rapes me, kills me and worst, and feeds me to a dog? My head hurts when I thought of these things. I clutched my head in my hands and squat down in the middle of the walkway.

“Chloe?” He asked, touching my arm as lightly as a cat’s movement. But, that touch was enough for me to cringe away from him. What have I involve myself into?

“You are a…” I trailed off but I swallowed the saliva stuck in my throat before continuing. “Gangster?”

That word came out softer than I have thought.

He exhaled sharply and cursed while leaning against the wall. He ran a hand through his hair and shut his eyes, like he was trying hard to stop the time from moving. I stood up and started backing away from him. My head was screaming at me to run like a mad woman but my legs were not obeying. The look on his face was pure agony like I had just brought up his own personal nightmare and I had a sudden urge to reach forward and soothe his pain.

Unfortunately, my brain’s controlling everything, even my legs. Forcing them to turn away and escaped now before it was too late.

So, I ran away from him. I did not want to face this kind of person anymore because being with him means my own nightmare will be brought up too.

The only thing that can make me have nightmares was a hoodlum.

I never wanted to meet any one of them before! I get goose bump whenever images of them flashed to my mind. My mom tried to hire a doctor to cure my nightmares but I can’t seem to let it go. It may be a nightmare to me but I couldn’t just erase them out completely as getting kidnapped by them and tortured by them taught me a life lesson.

Never back down.

That was the only thing that kept me going on in my famous life as a singer. I had wanted to quit being a singer because with all the fans chasing after me, I was sick of it. My mom didn’t know what had happen during the kidnapping, torturing and threatening as I didn’t tell her. I was thirteen and I was almost reaching the top of the ladder when the gangster kidnapped me.

Tears ran down my cheek when I thought of it as I ran. I pushed past people who were blocking my path while hearing Dion catching up with me, screaming my name over and over again. I need to reach him house, pack my bags and leave before he arrived.

“Candice!” He yelled over the noise of the advertisement on the wide TV screen sticking on the building. He remembered not to call Chloe. He remembered.

But right now, I did not care what he called me. I just want to escape him and the nightmares that were closing on me so fast I didn’t know how to erase them anymore.

I was well aware that people whom I passed were glancing at me curiously and I do not give a shit about it. I wanted to tell my mom about these nightmares but whenever we have some lonely time together, the words seemed to stuck at my throat. In the end, I gave up telling her.

“Candice!” Dion shouted again, his voice was coming closer to me every second that passed by. “Stop!”

People might think we were having a fight but they don’t know anything. They don’t understand the feeling of being trapped in your own personal nightmare that was eating you from the inside.

I’m a famous singer and yet I was being tortured by my own nightmares that I have experienced it as a fresh teen. I may have some egoistic characteristic but that helped me to avoid being question by the media and fans.

And the weather couldn’t get any worse. The sky had begun to darken with grey clouds and the thunder rumbled from above. Light rain began to shower me as people all around started to escape the rain by taking shelter at the front of the shops. Some were lucky as they had their umbrellas opened before the rain hit them.

I didn’t care if I was soaked wet with rainwater because I had to run away from Dion. That was my priority. I can’t let him caught up with me as I was afraid he would do the same like those who did to me when I was kidnapped.

I was not afraid of getting raped because I have been through worse. Worse than that.

I will show you how bad.

Leave a comment and VOTE if you like it!