Chapter 2-Bad luck.

Hey people, thanks for reading chapter 2! Continue voting for this story! Your help is much appreciated!

Chapter 2

Ticket to Paris, check. Luggage, check. Louis Vuitton bag, check. What else? I rummaged by precious room I was going to leave behind when I flew to the other side of the world, looking for my other things that I want to take along with me. I looked through my shelf –half of my favorite clothes were still in there although I tried to take all with me- and found nothing in there. I glanced around the room. My bed was in the middle of the room with my shelf on the left, the entrance of my grand bathroom beside the shelf and the door that led to the balcony on the right corner.

Aha! I found it. It was hidden under my pillow as I searched in my bed. My iPod Mini. I kissed lightly on its screen and put it inside my LV bag. My laptop had already inside my luggage, packed up nicely and was in the boot of the black Mercedes that was going to send me to the airport.

“Have you-“My mom leaned so close I could smell her breath on my face. I backed away slightly.

“Yes mom. I bought a blue one, a much different from my old color,” I told her. I knew what she was asking as I was her daughter. “I even dyed my hair Ashburn!” I touched my hair lightly, sniffing the fruity scent in it.

My mom tittered as she urged me to get into the car. I hugged her one last time before getting into the car. She hoped I will be safe wherever I will be. I gave one last look at my house –the biggest house in the neighborhood, with a large garden in the front and the back- and ordered the driver to start the engine and pulled away from my house.

I plugged the earphones of my iPod into my ears and hit play. The last song played on it was a song by Imagine Dragons -Radioactive-. It was a great song. I loved it so much. Imagine Dragons was a great band but I love Boys like Girls better.

Unconsciously, my lips were moving according to the lyrics of the song. “I’m waking up, I feel it in my bones. Enough to make my systems blow. Welcome to the new age, to the new age. Welcome to the new age, to the new age. Woah, woah, I’m radioactive, radioactive. I’m radioactive, radioactive.”

That was the chorus. And it was my favorite! My lips were moving on its own to sing it! Can you believe that? I closed my eyes and leaned my head on the headrest as the buildings continue to fly outside the window while listening to the rest of the song in my iPod Mini until I reached the airport.

Someone tapped me on the knee and I flicked open my eyelids to see my driver smiling at me. “We are at the airport now.” When he smiled, wrinkles were shown on his forehead, indicating he was very old. But when he did not smile, he was younger than my mom.

“Thanks,” I mumbled and climbed out of the car, with the hood of my jacket over my head. I took hold of my luggage and headed into the airport. It was much colder in the airport than the air outside and I had to hug myself to heat myself up.

Deep down in my heart, I wished my mom was here to send me away. But she was not here. So I could only wave goodbye to my driver –whom I forgot the name-.

“Take care, miss,” he called to me.

“I will. Take care of my mom,” I said in return. I walked into the airport with my head held as low as possible to avoid any gaze meeting with anyone. I passed my ticket to the person in charge at the counter of admittance and she regarded me like I was one of the terrorists that were going to harm her family.

“Miss Candice Terry Jones,” she read my name out loud from the fake passport. I nodded meekly at her, not meeting her gaze.

She stamped my passport and my ticket before giving it back to me. I did not realize I was holding my breath the whole time and I exhaled sharply when I brisk walked to the gate. Phew, close call. I handed my ticket to the guard standing at the gate there and went into the plane.