19. soulmates

I laugh breathlessly as I'm done with bringing up all these boxes in my new apartment. New city and a fresh start. New York. Jersey was constant negative vibes. I needed this new start. Even if I'm twenty eight and was sadly relying on my parents. I know I was always spoiled and they always made it hard to leave them. But I'm more them financially stable. Plus will start building my own event planning business Always loved helping people. I just hope it does good since that will be my source of income.

"Y/n."

I'm snapped from my thoughts as I hear a deep voice. I look over my shoulder and see mattia. My eyes widen and I look away trying to pretend I am not who he just called. But I already feel him step up. He teasingly bends down and puts his face over mine so I'm staring right down at him. My brows furrow as he puts my hair behind my ear. Trying to ignore my body burning on fire from his touch.

"Don't hide. Not from me."

Why does he have a key to the door next to my apartment.

Why can I not form a coherent sentence.

He looks so handsome now. He always has been but...wow. He's gotten taller maybe 6'2 now and brown in a beard that clean shaven. His eyes are clearly still the same. And is bigger. Muscular. I instinctively look at his hands for any rings. But none at thirty. I blink blankly back up at him.

"Is there by any chance you're just visiting a girlfriend?"

His eyebrows raise.

"After ignoring me for years that's the first thing you ask don't you? Still awkward and..."

His eyes trail up my body. But that's thankfully changed since high school.

"Pessimistic."

I roll my eyes.

"And no. I live here."

Floor 7. Room 82

Huh.

I start to regret even moving out. He was my past. He was my negative energy. Yet he found me. And this time I can't run from my problems.

Because sadly all that therapy for years didn't teach me to still be a terrified sixteen year old.

"Do you need help?"

No more grudges your therapist said. Don't hold onto last anger or you'll never be content. But he is acting like he never did anything wrong. Pessimistic?

"I think it's best we kept our distance."

She also said you don't need to let people in if you don't for your own sake. Go with my gut. Because it's mattia Polibio.

He managed to have every girl crying at football games , because he was sleeping with the girls on the opponents team. More specifically the girlfriends of the enemies teams. Mattia is an enemy. Wether he knows it or not.

And with that he stares at me with a smirk.

"You know I like a challenge."

"That wasn't an invitation to try. We aren't teens anymore. And please do not test me."
I sound harsh. But my words are calm and neutral. I refuse to feed into him.

He just stares at me.

My heart gets heavy as his lips come close to mine.