7. witch

no smut there won't be a part 2

Mattia pov

I walk down the prison cells in the lowest part of this ship. I could be anywhere but here. Instead I'm a prince commanding this ship. I should be treated like loyalty like my spoiled favorite sister. But no. I still have to prove my power and dominance to my father.

"Wait." I state. The two guards in front of me stop as I turn my head seeing a girl. Sleeping peacefully. She is the only women here.

"Who is that?" I ask.

She looks dirty and has a softer complexion then all the men who fill these cells.

"A rat I'm guessing. Or probably getting sold to a man." One of them say.

"Which man?" I ask and they both shrug. I stare at her taking in her features and how young she looks. As if I've seen her. My eyes take in the black ribbon around her neck with a white pendant.

"Open her cell." I say.

"Your father commanded us not to."

"But you said you do not know her. Or don't know her where about are you lying to me?" I say standing behind him.

He's tense.

"Who is she?"

"She was captured from young. Your father said to keep her under him for as long as she can live."

What?

She must be special.

"Open the cell." I say once more.

He's taking up my patience so I take the key from him and do it myself. Taking a smaller sword and cutting the back of the ribbon from her neck.

Her eyes instantly flutter open.

"Wait what are you doing?" Her eyes in fear as she stares at the pendant in my hand. Two birds engraved on it. Her eyes are glossy and staring into my soul. But she can't not do anything when her hands are chained back.

"Lock the cell." I imply.

"You can not take that please." I ignore the girls cries and keep walking down this stupid hot hall.

I go to my room and close the door staring at the necklace. Who is she. And why is she here?

....

"Why is there a young girl on my ship?" I nearly yell at my eldest cousin. More of a father to me then anyone else.

He is just eating as I sit across from him as we're in the same place as the person guiding this ship to the place where they hold all the prisoners.

"Oh y/n." He smiles calmly. He is nearly thirty. Unmarried. And has no job other then to teach me to be a 'man'. I do not understand why everyone expects so much when I'm only nineteen.

"She was captured when five. They burned the rest of her kind and she managed to survive it. Her father was powerful and taught her everything at a way too young age. He put a shield around her. She can't not die. She can feel pain. But every time we put her down she woke up or her body healed. It was strange." He stares.

"Your father makes her do magic to get his way. But I heard she refuses to do so anymore. So he just has her being sent to the highest prison facility."

"I thought we were going to the regular pr—"

No one ever tells me anything. I take a deep breathe.

"She's a witch?"

He nods.

"Powerful one. But she has no will to do it. I told your father but he claims I'm just a child." He smirks and I stay quiet.