Chapter 15- No Privacy

~Cameron~

When I woke up this morning, I couldn't help the smile that stayed on my face. Once I had gotten changed back into the clothes I had worn yesterday.

I found myself in Hugos office drawing on a piece of paper. I couldn't just show up to Dad without a card. I had to work with what I got since Hugo had no colouring pencils or markers. I had to improvise with highlighters.

The theme of the card was a neon sign with the shadow of two people looking up to it. We work with what we got.

Folding the card over, I need to show Hugo this. Hiding the card behind my back, I made my way into the kitchen where Hugo leaned on the counter. The phone pressed to his ear as he talked to someone.

"Got to go." He hung up the phone once he saw me. "We got to go to yours and you need to pick something out to wear to this brunch party."

My smile was instantly wiped off my face. Confusion over took me. "What brunch party?" I questioned.

"The one we are attending today." Hugo looked down at phone.

"Are you serious?" I questioned again. This was the tip of the ice berg.

"What? Its not like we are doing anything today." Hugo shrugged. Placing down his phone.

He forgot.

"We were suppose to go to my Dads grave today. You forgot didn't you?" I couldn't believe he had forgotten. We were only talking about this last night.

My hands rested on my hip as I waited for Hugo to answer me.

"We can go another day. But we need to go to this." Hugo moved around the counter. He was trying to sweet talk me, his arms held open as if I would walk right into them.

I took a step back. Placing a hand out to stop him. "We can go another day? You obviously don't care how much this meant to me. You know what Hugo fuck you. I put up with enough of this shit. Go to your stupid fucking party." Turning on my heel I stormed out of the penthouse.

"Cameron! Come back!" Hugo chased after me.

I started to pick up my speed. Pressing the elevator button about a dozen times. Once the doors opened, I quickly pressed the button to close them. Hugo was coming but not fast enough. I just caught a glimpse of him as the door closed. A bang resided on the door only for it to disappear.

Tears poured from my eyes as I rested back on the elevator wall. I wasn't over reacting was I?

The elevator doors opened. I tried to wipe my eyes dry but the tears kept coming. I kept my head low and my pace fast as I made my way out of the complex.

My heart beated out of my chest as I rushed down the street. Constantly checking over my shoulder as I felt like my gut was telling me someone was behind me.

I let out a sigh of relief as the bus I needed just pulled up. I wiped my eyes one last time before getting onto the bus. I felt relieved as I sat down. I needed to be alone.

****

There it was. I bit the inside of my lip as I approached the grave. I held the now crumpled and tear stained card in my hand.

"Hey Dad." A bare whisper left my lips.

"I made you a card. It's a bit destroyed." I sadly laughed off, as I crouched down. I placed the card beside his grave stone. Other cards I have made him over the years still stand slightly strong. I could feel the knot in my throat grow bigger and bigger as I tried to hold in the tears. "I'm sorry." Those two words set off the tears again.

I completely sat down by the grave right now. I just wish he was here to give me a hug. Tell me, he and my brothers will be the only men to love me. Tell me that he will hurt him to make me feel better. My heart hurt because the only memories I have of him are so vivid.

"I miss you so so much. I wish I was as brave as you. Flordia was good but it just wasn't for me. I missed everyone too much." I smiled sadly. "I thought I was in love. I thought I had found someone. I don't know, I'm just blabbing now. I'm just really confused." I found myself getting lost with playing with the grass. I just sat there in silence and cried.

The gut feeling of someone watching me returned. Looking over my shoulder there was no one there. Looking to the other direction. My heart sank as there stood Otis under the tree. Watching me.

Standing up, I was beyond pissed off. I was livid. I marched my way over to him. He had no expression on his face.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I seethed out.

Otis held up his hands in surrender. "Calm down tiger. I'm here on orders."

I couldn't believe it. It almost made me laugh. "I can't believe he had the odastity to send one of his men instead of coming himself." I muttered to myself. Now I couldn't help but laugh. Shaking my head I couldn't believe it. Looking back to Otis, I rolled my tongue around the inside of my mouth. "If your here on orders tell your boss to suck it. But if your here as a best friend also tell him to suck it."

Turning on my heel, I couldn't believe I wasn't getting the privacy I deserved.

"Come on Cam. He is just worried for you." Otis followed behind.

Stopping in my tracks. "You don't see what is wrong with this? If he was so fucking worried he would be here instead of you." More tears fell from my eyes as my voice cracked. I continued walking. Speeding up even though I knew Otis was being me.

Once I was out of the graveyard I started to run. Otis was closely behind me. But he couldn't run in a suit for long.

I found myself taking detours down alleyways. Crossing a busy road, I glanced over my shoulder to see Otis get kept back by a car.

This was my chance to lose him. Making my way down another small road I hid myself behind a wall. Holding my breathe, I didn't want to make a sound.

My heart beated out of my chest and my throat burned. I hadn't done that much running in years.

I watched carefully as Otis ran past after five minutes. Through the gap I could see that he stopped up the road. He looked defeated which was a win for me. I watched as he took out his phone. Most likely calling Hugo.

I waited until Otis left the road. Getting out of my hiding spot I started to walk the opposite direction Otis had just walked back to. My phone started to buzz in my pocket. It was Hugo.

I felt as if I needed to keep glancing over my shoulder. My phone kept ringing and ringing. So I turned it off. All I wanted to do was be alone. I couldn't go home.

So I found myself at my brothers...

There we go Chapter 15...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for the late update. What did you think of this Chapter??

What's your opinion on Hugo?? And have you caught onto anything about his personality??

Do you think Cameron was over reacting?

Any suggestions??
Any questions??
Any theories??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

(Edited)