Vol. 1: Chapter 5.3 - The Tears of Joy.

"Maybe that friend hasn't left you yet."

------

I am currently in a restaurant, sitting on my chair, with a girl in my arms who is hugging me tightly, crying on my chest. Almost everybody in the restaurant was looking at us but I ignored them and reciprocated the embrace, letting the warm feeling spread. A genuine smile made its way to my face.

*3rd Person Perspective*

Everyone in the restaurant were currently looking at the girl softly but sadly crying on the boys' chest. Yes, everyone. Even the staff were looking at them.

Ideas of somebody hurting the girl came to everyones' minds but were immediately discarded as the cry was one of relief rather than pain.

The boy gently took the girl in an embrace and smiled what looked like an angel's smile. From other peoples' perspectives, they looked like a couple who got reunited after a long time in a romance movie.

Nobody, not even the idiotic boys weren't able to feel jealous because, for now, they all wanted to see the girl smiling again. That's how sad the cry felt.

Some more emotional girls had teary eyes just seeing her cry.

Meanwhile, Ichinose Honami of Class 1-B, tried making sense of the matter but nothing was coming to her mind.

Soon after, a old conversation from the previous day made its way to her mind--

~~~

"Are you perhaps thinking about your boyfriend~ Suzuki-chan~"

"K-k-KIYOTAKA I-ISN"T MY B-Boyfriend!?!!"

"Hoh? Kiyotaka?"

~~~

'At that time I stopped the conversation thinking it was something personal but now it feels more like an past trauma... So, Kiyotaka is Ayanokouji-kun huh? It all makes sense now.'

Ichinose, suddenly stood up and started talking to her friends.

"Hey guys... I think we should move ahead and place our orders." She said, trying to get the attention of the others off them so the two can have a small talk to calm things down.

Although she spoke in a low voice, because the restaurant was so silent, everyone was able to hear it and understood the meaning behind those words and although reluctant, heeded her request and started their own jobs because they knew they shouldn't pry further in the matter.

*Kiyotaka POV*

After a few minutes of the hug, I gently took my right arm and started patting her head.

"Yosh-Yosh. Looks like you got your wish granted huh? You shoould be happy instead of crying,you know?" I said, still stroking her hair.

"B-b-but! I was outside all the time and I wasn't able to meet you once! S-shouldn't you be angry that I didn't come to meet you!?" She exclaimed. Well yes, she didn't come to see me but until yesterday, she didn't even knew if I existed anymore or not.

"Well, that is true. But, you didn't knew I was outside, did you?"

"B-but!" Her cry only increased as my shirt was already wet near my upper left part of the chest.

"You shouldn't cry, you know? If you keep on doing that you'll never be able to grow up." I threw an old line on her which she once used at me, years ago. She seemed to remember this too as she slightly gasped at an inaudibly low tone.

After a few moments, Shizuku started to calm down and finally met my gaze, smiling. That smile was pure angelic as if sent from the heaven. Sighs of relief were heard all across the restaurant. Seems like everyone was worried about her.