Vol 1: Chapter 5.2 - A Reunion

*sigh*

The whole crowd increased from the last time. Everyone was looking at me in awe, some with phones in their hand, recording the whole scene. The Club Captain couldn't hide her amazement using her normal poker face. That old 'boy' and his 'girlfriend' were hiding their gaze from embarassment. Ryouko staring at me with shining eyes as if she found herself a diamond.

Slowly but surely, the crowd started applauding at my performance, starting by a girl with long, platinum-blonde hair and crimson eyes. She had a grin on her face.

I couldn't help but sigh...

*sigh*

How did I even get in this trouble...?

...oh, right.

It all started like this...

*A Few Minutes Ago*

"Probably because it was Mediocre. No offence."

As soon as these words left my mouth, the whole silenced-crowd looked at me. Some were watching me as if saw something amusing and some were glaring a hole in my head.

The boys' 'girlfriend' looked at me for 3 seconds straight before opening her mouth and said something that amused me, as if she thought that I can't play it any good than her 'boyfriend'.

"Ara~ But, was it...? I'd surely love to see you try this piece. So... Come on! Give us an awe-aspiring performance!" She said...? No- She challenged me cheerfully as she started smiling smugly. I can feel the ill-malice contained in her words.

Famous last words, am I right? Reader-kun?

"Yare Yare. You will embarass yourself. I can show you what a good performance of this piece sounds like." Going with the flow, I responded. I perfectly emphasized on the word 'can'. This was for a reason- The supposedly 'girlfriend'; as her ill-will towards me showed, will probably try her best to persuade me to play the song, thinking that I won't be able to play it and embarass myself. You know how it will proceed from there, right?

Clearly angered by my answer, as I predicted, she fell for my trap.

"Then DO IT! Stop talking and DO IT!" She taunted me, clearly screaming the 'do it' part at the top of her lungs like a commander giving out orders. I genuinely smirked.

"I'm not motivated enough. Maybe you can pay me points for this?" Well, I know she won't. But, this will put fuel in the fire. And if she paid me, then that'd be good. A win-win.

Many senpais lightly gasped at my remark, seemingly shocked that I 'somewhat' found out the use of the element called private points and am already starting to stack them. When I looked at them though, they put on a fake front, seemingly avoiding any questions. Looks like the the upperclassmen aren't allowed to say us anything about the S-System.

An irk mark appeared at her face, but her grin widened, as if she was laying a trap and I fell for it.

"Then~ How about we make a bet?~ If you play better than Kachow-kun, then you win, and vise-versa. The winner gets 25k private points." She said playfully as she hit the nail of the matter. What she would be thinking right now is this- As soon as the private points matter became a bet, I will lose confidence and back-off. Then, she will snickered at me. However, It's the latter of the win-win situation for me. Well, it works for me.

Nothing is better than free money, am I right?

The crowd- the audience, seemed to think of this as the end of the conversation. The next words, however, Shocked them to no extent.