23 | Goodbye My Friend

Christmas and New Year went by in a blur it was as if it was 2 hours long

Christmas and New Year went by in a blur it was as if it was 2 hours long. It was a hectic week since we were super busy and we had so much scheduled. But we managed to get through it and still enjoy ourselves.

It's now January 3rd and it's Vee's funeral tomorrow. Her parents wanted to wait till after Christmas and new year to have the funeral.

It's late in the evening and the sun has just completely gone down. I'm sitting outside on the back porch. Sitting by myself outside is nice, the peacefulness is calming.

I watch as some snowfalls lightly and shimmers once it hits the ground. I take in the nice smell of the fresh hot chocolate I just whipped up. I take a small sip making sure to blow on it otherwise I'll burn my mouth.

I'm sipping on my delicious drink when I get a text from Caro.

Caro:
"What do you want for
dinner? It's either McDonald's
or Subway."

Zoey:
"I'll have subway. You already
know my order."

Caro:
"Yeah I do, we'll be back soon."

I quickly reply with an okay and I go back to watching the snow and drinking my hot cocoa.

As I'm sitting here and watching until I suddenly get a phone call from someone. I look at the caller ID and its Jungkook. I hit answer and I put it on speakerphone. "Hello?" I say softly.

"Hey... How are you?" He says with his husky voice. He probably just woke up.

"Well you know, just grieving the loss of my best friend," I say bluntly.

"Yeah, I heard... How was new year's? I couldn't call you the other day since we were so busy."

"It was fine I guess. Could've been better. But nevertheless, fine."

"Hmm..." He just hums and stays silent.

"So why did you call?" I say after the long silence.

"Well I-I just wanted to see how you were doing." He says kinda quickly, and laughing awkwardly at the end.

"Hmm, okay... Well I'm doing alright, are you sure that's why you called?"

"Y-yeah, that's why I called you. Anyways I got to go, I'll see you soon. Bye!" And he hangs up.

Did he just say "see you soon"? What is he talking about? And why is he in a hurry?