27 | Food Trip Down Memory Lane

Authors Note:

"Golden Nest Restaurant" is based on a real restaurant that's called "Golden Bird Restaurant". It's my aunt's restaurant in Alberta. If you search it on google maps you'll probs find it. They sell Vietnamese food there and I practically used to work there before. So I thought it was a good idea to include it since it's a big part of my childhood.

"A&W" is a restaurant and I'm pretty sure is only available in Canada. I'm not too sure, but we always had it in Canada. Correct me if I'm wrong though. So I added it to add a little bit of Canada into the story.

"WEM" stands for "West Edmonton Mall". This is a real mall in Edmonton (where I'm from) and it's one of the world's largest malls (or at least I still think it is). I grew up going to this place all the time and I lived like 10 mins away from it. You can search it up on google to find pictures if you are curious as to how it looks. They're gonna be going to this Mall a lot in the story. I haven't been to this Mall in year's so it may have changed a lot since then but ill try my best to remember how it looks for the story.

"Lucky 66" is based on an Asian grocery store called "Lucky 99" that I've been to many times growing up.

I pretty much incorporated my childhood into this chapter. (Not that I haven't with the other chapters, it's just this one has many places that I remember from my past.)

So let's get started!

I watch as the clouds move around above us

I watch as the clouds move around above us. The sun is shining and it's making the fresh snow glimmer as we drive. It's a mesmerizing sight to see.

As we drive we start singing to IU's "Bleuming", one of my favourite songs by her. The spring vibes of the song make me even more excited for my favourite season.

Jungkook is going crazy singing the song and Mr. Chim and I laugh at his cuteness. I heard he's a big fan of IU, actually a HUGE fan of IU. She's my idol besides Ariana Grande.

We sing along to other songs as we drive, and before we know it we've already arrived.

I hop out of the car and I put my mask on. I lock the car behind me as soon as the two men get out. I have this fear that someone could get in and hide in the backseat and murder me when I get back to the car. I know, I'm paranoid but after loving true crime it's become a habit.

Mr. Chim goes to get a shopping cart but only comes back with one. "Uhm, Mr. Chim I don't think one cart is enough. We're gonna need three of them at the most." I say as I look at the one cart.

"Oh- Ohh, then let's get two more." Mr. Chim chuckles and goes to get more.

One cart won't be enough for the amount of food I'm about to buy. When I have to feed 12 people, I'm gonna need a whole mountain of food for them. Especially since these men eat so much.