01 | Car Accident

Authors Note:

BTS doesn't actually show up till chapter 5 or so. Just a heads up, and now let's get started.

"Hey Macy, do you know if Vee's almost here?"

"She said she'd be here soon. She's probably still at school, but my dad went to go pick her up."

"Why don't you call her and see where they're at?" Vee's mom said as she set up the table.

"Ohh okay, good idea. I'll be right back then." I went outside to call her since it was loud inside.

The cold fall air hitting me as I open the door. As I sat down on the bench, I dialled her number. It rang multiple times before someone picked up.

"Hello?" I heard the familiar voice of my best friend.

"Hey, are you guys almost here?"

"Yeah, we just left school. But we gotta stop at Walmart first and buy something."

"Okay, could you also buy some chips? I forgot to buy some earlier."

"Sure, what kind sho- AHHHHH DAD WATCH OUT!"

I gasp as I sit up in my bed, I was sweaty and hot. Tears streaming down my face. It was the 2nd time I had a nightmare this month. Checking the time on my alarm clock. It was 4 am, around the same time I usually get this nightmare.

*****

It was my birthday last year, September 28th to be exact, the day the accident happened. We were having a small party at my place. My close friends were there, my cousin and her boyfriend (they live with me), and Vee's mom and sister who were already there. We were just waiting for Vee and her dad.

It was 8 pm, Vee's dad was picking her up from her college since she didn't have a car. As we were on call, they were hit by a big truck. The driver was drunk and was driving at 150mph.

The driver was going straight and didn't stop at the red light, Vee was going straight on the cross-section when they were hit. They were hit on the passenger's side, which is where Vee was sitting. The car went tumbling and spinning and then hit a lamp post.

Luckily Vee's dad and the drunk driver were fine, but Vee on the other hand was severely injured. She suffered from multiple injuries and she hit her head hard, which led to brain damage and coma.

Now she's been in the hospital for roughly a year. I sometimes wished that I could have done something to help prevent the accident. It makes me angry to think that I could have done something, but wasn't able to.