05 | A Friendly Surprise

It's the evening nowhere in Korea

It's the evening nowhere in Korea. Caro and I stayed at the hotel for the whole day since I was sick.

I really wanted to go out and do something fun, but Caro wouldn't let me go since I was 'still sick'. I felt super bad for ruining our first day here in Korea.

I had no choice but to stay here with her since she kept nagging that I would get even sicker since it's cold outside.

Honestly, I wasn't feeling that bad. Just a little groggy. I stayed in the living room and watched Netflix. I was gonna edit a video but Caro wouldn't let me because... you guessed it, I was 'still sick'.

But I don't really mind, working was kinda getting stressful anyways.

Caro wanted to make me some soup for dinner, but since we are not familiar with the places around here, she decided that we'll just order some food.

I was craving some pizza and chicken but Caro wanted something healthy, so here we are arguing whether we should get pizza or order something healthier.

"Let's just get some salads or something with our pizza, salad is healthy," I say sitting down in the living room.

"No it's not, well yes it is but pizza is not. Let's just get something else."

"Like what?" I crossed my arms over my chest and look at her expectantly.

She also crossed her arms trying to look more intimidating than me but failed. "Like... well we could get some..." She was thinking really hard.

I smirked, "See you have no idea what we should get. Let's just get pizza and chicken, it's better than nothing."

Honestly, I wasn't so sure what to get either. We can't go out since I was still sick, and I don't know any places in Korea that have healthy food for delivery. We could get room service but it's way too expensive for us. So pizza was a good option.

She looked at me for a bit before sighing. "Fine, we'll get pizza, but it has to have vegetables on it and we need to get some salads."

I clapped my hands, "Deal!" I grabbed my phone and ordered the food.

*****

It was the next day, and I woke up feeling worse than yesterday.

My head was hurting, my body was aching even more. I felt really cold even though I was sweating, and I was feeling really grumpy.

I couldn't get out of bed, since my head was hurting so bad and I was freezing.

I shouted Caro's name in hopes she would hear me. I desperately needed help.

"CAROOOOO!" No response. "CAROOOOOOOOO!" Still no response. "CAROOOOOOOOOOO!" Finally, I heard a loud thump followed by loud footsteps.

She bursts through the door of my room and turned on the lights, she looked at me bewildered. "What? Why? What's wrong?" She says stumbling towards me looking really sleepy.