Chapter 31: Thalia's Speech

Back in Time

Percy POV

The sun had spared mercy today.

It wasn't hot, but warm enough to put a smile on anyone's face.

However, I wasn't smiling. With everything going on, especially since the summer solstice was in a couple days, my mind was on the Primordial of Time.

No matter which scenario played in my head, it only made me feel smaller and less significant compared to Chronos. I still remembered Chaos's speech about me before the war started. I had seen a vision of it in my dreams. 

". . .best boyfriend. . .first and last. . . "

I knew Chaos loved me. But she lied. She lied to the gods and to the Olympians, to even the Elite! To her own children.

I shook my head. I wanted to be mad at her, to hate her for lying. But I couldn't. I was confused and lost. I felt hopeless.

I looked up as my lovers flashed in. Athena and Aphrodite.

They sat on either side of me, not saying anything for a few minutes.

Then Aphrodite spoke: "What's wrong, Perseus?"

I kissed her hand which had found it's way to my jaw, holding it with love. "Summer solstice," I lied. Well, it was also technically half-true. I was worried about the date, but not as much as I was about the fact that Chaos had been with Chronos and never told me.

First and last.... her words echoed in my head, drilled into my brain with sharp thorn-like nails.

"Well, we'll see thee in  the future anyway?!" asked Athena worriedly.

"Hopefully," I said while kissing the top of her forehead. I wrapped an arm around her and Aphrodite waists, pulling them into me. I breathed in Athena, smelling nectar and ambrosia, which I guessed she just had.

Athena leaned into me, pecking my cheek and wrapping two arms around my neck.

While it was amusing to see Athena so open, I knew this was not the Athena that I knew. Athena from my timeline was much more strict and stern, cold and merciless. Strategic and cunning. Just the way I liked my Athenas.

"Will thou really make us forget about thee?" asked Aphrodite.

I sighed. "I have no other option."

"Have thou spoken to Chaos?"

Silence. I didn't know how to respond. I didn't know how they would react. So I took a dep breath, shaking my head. "No, I have not," I lied once more.

"Do thou want to speak to her again?" asked Athena, tracing my jawline with her fingertips.

I closed my eyes and inhaled sharply. 

"I do not know anymore."

That was the truth.

Forward in Time

Third POV

Luke groaned, clutching his forehead and massaging his temples before looking around.

He quickly sprinted up and towards Annabeth's limp body.

"Annabeth!" he said, shaking her body. He frantically pushed her onto her back, then lifted her into his arms. He ran his fingers gently through her soft blonde hair.

A moment later, Annabeth gasped, her eyes fluttering open as she put her hand over her pounding heart.

"Luke?"