Chapter 1: Funeral, Celebration, or Neither?

A Few Days Since the Last Book

Third POV

Everyone was gathered on Earth in former Camp Eternal where the Eternals previously stayed and would be going back with Chaos to their respective cities. Primordials, gods, a few mortals, and demigods alike were together. It was the day to honor the one person who had died in the war, as the demigods and everyone else had been brought back alive through the Doors of Death.

Chaos was crying her eyes out. She was in human form, the one she was in around Perseus. All demigods were trapped in a guilty and depressed mood, not being able to escape the thoughts of blame in their heads. Everyone knew the truth about the wrong accusation. And they believed the lies.

This time the shroud was not just sea green with a trident. This shroud was special, weaved by Athena herself. Chaos described all of the adventures of Perseus, and Athena decided to weave a hooded man in the middle of the shroud. The edges were lined with specific achievements that stood out the most and symbols that represented him. Trident, weapons, scales, him defeating Aeon, him defeating Primordials, and his moments of being strong, caring and loyal to all when he was turned on.

"-was an amazing friend and loyal companion, constantly looking out for others and always thinking about others before himself." Luke finished, setting the torch lit on fire near the shroud.

Then the shroud was set to flames, the fire changing color by courtesy of Hestia. Different colored embers flew through the air, and the smoke was constantly being blown away by Zeus. The fire flickered, consuming the shroud quickly. Everyone watched in silence.

All of a sudden, powerful gusts of wind blew, making the fire sway. Demigods gasped and jumped back, looing around to see who disturbed the peace. A large black pegasus flew in swiftly, entering the place and causing dust to fly up. As it cleared, the rider hopped off and grinned at everyone. Their jaws dropped in response.

"Who the funeral for?" he walked up staring at the shroud in confusion.

When no one answered, he turned around. "You all are definitely going to get flies in your mouth."

Slowly, everyone realized that he was actually here.

"Percy!" yelled Chaos running forward and enveloping him in a hug.

Perseus patted her back awkwardly and gave a strained smile. He slowly peeled Chaos off of him. "Perseus now," he said. "Hi Chaos."

Chaos gave no thought to the "Perseus" and started to bombard him with questions. "Where were you? What happened? Why'd you only come now? How are you? I can't believe you sacrificed yourself! TELL ME EVERYTHING!"

Perseus ignored her and signaled for her to wait. He waved to the other rider, and he stepped off. The other rider got mixed reactions. A scowl was evident on Artemis's face, her Hunters, and Hera's face. The demigods were mostly confused and shocked, a little annoyed and angry at the new rider. He was Heracles.

"Heracles," said Artemis with a rather angry tone. She shook her head and turned towards Perseus. Why would he bring him here?

"Lady Artemis," bowed Heracles. Artemis knew he was mocking her, which was definitely unacceptable. She smirked as she shot at Heracles, causing an uproar. Some cheered. Some yelled in outrage. And Perseus was amongst them.

"Lady Artemis! Apologize to him right now!" Perseus ran over to Heracles and carefully plucked the arrow out of his arm.

Artemis was baffled, along with the other gods and goddesses. Even some of the demigods and all Primordials. This was definitely unheard of. Heracles gave a grateful smile to Perseus who nodded, and then they both looked at Artemis. Heracles with a smirk and Perseus with a glare. Artemis instead raised her bow again, nocking three arrows. One for Heracles' crotch, another for his head and the last for his heart.