Chapter 28: Chaos's Lover

Forward in Time

Third POV

Perseus tried again, Chaos rejected him again.

"Chaos, you get to see Percy again. Isn't that what you want?"

Chaos shut her eyes tight, tears brimming them. Her mouth trembled. She whispered again, "Not if it means the world being destroyed and you ruling it."

Perseus shoved his hands in his pockets. "Tsk. He would have done the same for you any day," he spoke coldly and turned on his heels, walking away from Chaos.

"It's okay, Chaos. You're doing the right thing," she murmured to her.

"But . . .he's right. Percy would have done the same."

"Bianca's right. it is not your fault, Empress Chaos. Right now, biding time for our rescue is our best chance."

Chaos struggled against her chains, roaring furiously at Artemis. "I AM NOT AN EMPRESS!" She lowered her voice to a whisper, "I am not an empress. If I were, I would be able to do something. To fix this," she sobbed. "If I were an empress we wouldn't be here thanks to my useless self."

Artemis stayed silent, biting her lip as she turned away.

Bianca also stayed silent, but she squeezed Chaos's and Artemis's shoulders before returning to her own cloud of misery.

Meanwhile, Perseus had already begun preparations. He had packed for his trip to the Abyss, as he already knew what would be needed. Other things to deal with had been left behind to protect his base. Of course, his base was a mere diversion. He didn't mind wasting troops when he could be more.

The more he thought about it, the more he knew they were not a waste. But they knew what they were getting into the moment they swore loyalty to him. And his orders were for his troops to stay here to distract the gods while he would already be in the Void.

It was his perfect plan.

No one could possibly ruin it.

Meanwhile...

Zeus flashed to the Eternals Camp to be met with Luke and Zoe.

"Are your Eternals ready? I have personally arranged the best demigods to go."

Luke nodded. 'They are ready. We'll leave at dawn, meet your demigods where exactly?"

Zeus stroked his beard. "Come to Camp Half-Blood. We'll also be ready to leave at dawn."

"What of Heracles?" asked Zoe.

 Zeus flashed her a cruel smile. "He is currently incapacitated and for eternity he shall stay that way."

Zoe raised an eyebrow. "What exactly did you do?"

"We gave him what he deserves. Back to the mission, perhaps?" asked Zeus.

Zoe nodded. "The main priority is to rescue Lady Artemis, Vixen, and Empress Chaos. They probably have learned a few things about the enemy."

"Of course. I trust that you train your Eternals well?"

"Of course we do," said Luke with a ferocious glint in his eye. "Why do you ask?"

"I was merely asking," replied Zeus with another mysterious smile.

Luke sighed in irritation and walked away, leaving Zoe to talk with Zeus alone. 

"I'll see you around, Lord Zeus," said Zoe.