Chapter 17: The Nemean Lion

Back in Time

Percy POV

Something told me Rachel was in trouble.

Now, I didn't know what. But considering the prophecy and those three bastards, I think they've done something with her. After all, there isn't any possible way that they don't know the prophecy. They have two Oracles! 

I  couldn't do anything about it, which meant I was on my own.

Well, not really. Blackjack and Katastro were with me the whole way. Sometimes Katastro would have his friends come over, and we'd have a nice chat. 

Yes, I was so lonely I had to talk to ravens and a pegasus. 

But they were still nice company!

And they informed me more and more about the three assholes' stories and achievements, which was required for me to learn about so I could redo what they had done. And of course next on the list was the Labors. Of course, Heracles had done a lot of other things. Killed a bunch of wrongdoers while completing Labors and went on the quest with Jason and the Argonauts.

Perseus had killed Medusa, married Andromeda, eventually did a lot of other things as well, and then was killed by Medusa's head when he turned it on himself. Wait. If he was killed, how had Andromeda managed to cheat on him?

Oh, I completely forgot. I remembered it happened during the war between Chronos and I. Well, more like before. When I was "reborn" they were reborn too. During my coma, I saw Hades, Bianca, and Nico were all confused as to to why Heracles's and Perseus's souls felt like mine. They thought it had only happened to a few heroes. 

Nope. 

They had been reborn through their bad sides. Except instead of gaining the other side of their soul back, they chose not to take it back. If they did, they would return to the Underworld and become souls in Elysium or something. So they chose to live through the bad part of their soul. But, that had always been a part of them. Same with me. The bad part of me, the Angel of Death, was who I was really deep down. Of course, I overcame it and merged with that part of me, embraced it. They completely ignored the good side of themselves.

 And then Jason had forced himself through the powerful. Depending on how he trained, he would either be weaker than the two or more powerful than the two. 

But I couldn't worry about that right now. I had to find the Nemean lion. I glided down over the mountains. Well, Blackjack and Katastro did. I was simply on Blackjack's back. But it was still easy enough because out of nowhere, Blackjack whinnied. I saw below him a lion midair. Blood slashed, seemingly coming from Blackjack. 

Told ya it was easy.

Then we hurtled towards the mountain.

Forward in Time

Third POV

Rachel ran through the woods. Green swirls of sparkly mist flowed behind her like the tail of a comet. All of a sudden, she collapsed. 

Rachel gasped out, "Justice will be fulfilled and many will be killed. What the fuck was that? What happened? Where am I?!" She yelled frantically to no one in particular.

Rachel tried to get up off her knees, only to fall back down. But someone caught her, and lifted her up so she could face him.

Rachel squinted at him, her eyes narrowing quickly. Pale blonde hair. Ice blue eyes. Strong muscle. Looked like Heracles... but Heracles's hair was darker. And Perseus, his hair was brown. So who was this...?