Chapter 5: His Destination and His Plan

A While Later

Third POV

Perseus and his friends, the ravens and pegasus, had finally reached their destination. The Peloponnese mountains in Greece. This was their first stop to getting back to the time they were from. 

Lush green grass coated the ground at the bottom, soon covered by thick layers of white snow at the peaks of the mountains. Jagged edges swivled and snaked from the top to the bottom, providing a hard challenge for climbers.

Perseus landed on the ground, his pegasus instead descending to the base of the mountain instead of the peak. Before Perseus could even ask, his pegasus spoke.

Milord, something prevents me from flying to the top. We must climb, milord.

"Of course, my friend. Whatever thou say." Perseus walked forward, studying the layout. He turned around, and let his raven friend perch at his shoulder. "Blackjack, my good friend, I think it's best thou stay down here. Be my eyes, noble friend, and keep a lookout for any others that come, please. Our raven friends can search the sky, and they will come to thou about any approaching travelers."

Of course, milord. said the now-named pegasus known as Blackjack.

Perseus nodded to his steed and turned, placing a foot upon a rock. The mountain-side was steep and dusty, but the lively grass provided some foothold for him, which he used to his advantage. Sure, the grass was coated in sweat, being shone down upon by the bright sun. But Perseus managed. He grabbed another rock, propelling himself forward, cutting his hand in the process. Perseus winced, but quickly shooed the pain away and continued to climb. As he got further up, the task became harder and harder, having to go from the sunny side to the frosty and snowy side. His feet sunk in the snow, and he pulled them back up, kicking snow everywhere only to plunge his foot in the deep blanket of white once again. 

He shivered in the cold, until he finally reached the top. His raven fluttered from his shoulder, flying around to check the place out.

It was different, to say the least. The sun's rays covered the green of the peak, magically protected from bad weather Perseus had guessed. Cattles were herded to the side but not penned up, along with a wood cabin right next to it. Lanterns lit up the front side, and decorations hung multiple cattle making noises simultaneously from the eaves, the edges of the roof. Two small windows could be seen from where Perseus was standing, both emitting a bright glow suggesting the lights were on. 

To the left of the cabin lay a farm of crops, arranged with food for not only the cattle but for the residents of the old cabin. And finally, small pens were arranged neatly for more sources of food such as cows for milk and chickens for eggs. 

Perseus looked around, and quickly ran to the other side of the peak. He saw two old men walking up, so he knew he'd have to act fast. He rushed to the cabin's patio, finding the door unlocked. Slowly, it creaked open, and a gust of wind rung the chimes hung from the frame of the door. Perseus muttered curses to himself as a voice called out from inside.

"Hello? Who is there?"

Perseus cursed some more while he stepped inside quickly, running away from the loud footsteps, echoing throughout the cabin as they got closer. He went to the small room on one side of the cabin, a shadow forming outside the door.

"Show thyself!" yelled the man.

He put on different clothes, and mumbled a chant. His appearance instantly changed to bright blonde hair and striking blue eyes. Stepping out, he greeted the man with a bow.

"Father Amphitryon."

"Heracles, my boy?! Is that thee?!" The now-named Amphitryon pulled Perseus into a hug.