Chapter 6: The Grove of Dodona

Summary:

So far, in the present, Perseus and Heracles have returned, and have been really mean and disrespectful towards the others, like how Perseus cheated on Chaos while Heracles almost killed (kill in the sense of making her reform) Hera. They both have their own plan, and their hideout has been recently said to be Olympia, where the ancient Greek Olympic games were held. Back in time, Perseus has defeated Chronos, attaining the Wings of Time which Chronos used to have. He was found out about the gods, and has a theory for why he's back in time. Perseus, Blackjack and his raven friends have sought Jason the Argonaut, and he betrayed them by summoning the gods. Perseus got out and went to his "father", Amphitryon, in the Peloponnese mountains, and now pretends to be Heracles as he helps King Creon in war.

Back in time

Third POV

"FOR THEBES!" yelled Creon, charging into battle on his horse, sword raised.

"For Thebes!" yelled his army, Perseus the loudest amongst them.

The Minyan enemies yelled their war cries and charged into battle, different colors of battle armor mixing in with each other. Perseus swiped left and right, proudly defending a place that was not his in any way at all.

Creon was heading straight for Erginus, the king of the Minyans. The two fought wildly, swords clashing and horses rearing high on their legs. Erginus was met with a blow to his outer thigh, a cut that would take days to heal. He responded by angrily yelling profanities and slashing fiercely at Creon. Creon managed to avoid every hit, but couldn't find anymore spots to hit Erginus as his sword was being swung rashly constantly.

Meanwhile, Perseus faking Heracles jabbed another Minyan in the gut, and they fell down. He felt his horse collapse, and saw why. His horse's right hind leg has been chopped off. His horse bucked uncontrollably, and Perseus was forced off of him. He took care of the Minyan and scanned the battle field. It was still an even fight. 

Perseus went back to his horse and placed his hand on the weakened horse, muttering a chant. Immediately, the horse stopped whinnying. Perseus took away the pain of the horse's hind leg and was about to heal the horse overall until a cannon was shot, aimed directly at him and his horse. He ducked, pushing the horse aside so he would take the hit. But at the last second Perseus's horse took the fall, and the next moment there was horse guts everywhere. 

Instead of grimacing in disgust, he wiped the blood off of him and thought, May you live peacefully in the Underworld, my friend. You died a hero. Then Perseus whistled. The next he knew, his pegasus Blackjack and his raven friends were swooping in. His ravens were pecking the eyes out of the Minyans while his pegasus kicked each and every Minyan in the face. Perseus once again looked around, just in time to spot Creon falling off of his horse, Erginus getting down to finish him.

Erginus had multiple wounds on him, scars on his torn armor and cuts on his handsome face. But Perseus noticed that Creon was much worse. In fact, Creon had lost an arm, only having one half of it. Perseus noticed Creon's hand on the ground, chopped off at the elbow. He winced as he ran faster, pulling out his sword.

Erginus noticed him just in time and pivoted on his heel to face Perseus. Their swords clanged against one another, and Perseus kept pushing the enemy away from the King of Thebes. Perseus nearly missed a hit, and he swung at Erginus again, only to meet with his sword once more. Perseus quickly pulled back, ducked left, and turned, cutting Erginus's leg cleanly in the process. The king fell, his leg numb for a second before he yelled in pain. 

That yell silenced the whole battlefield.

Perseus struck Erginus in his heart, and the sounds of battle ceased to exist. Then everything became chaotic again, Minyans fleeing as they screamed, "Our leader is dead! Run! Retreat!"