Chapter 9: MURDER?!

Back in time

Third POV

Perseus walked forward, a little wobbly as he was still not in the clear zone for the side effects of the hellebore. Megara was at his side, whispering soothingly to him and easing him forward, ready to catch him if he fell. They were just about to reach an outpost, somewhere that would be closer to Thebes. Creon would soon see his triplets and daughter, safe and sound.

"Darling-" Perseus started to say before he suddenly fell forward. Megara caught him. Perseus smiled at her, and she smiled back. He walked another few steps before he fell again.

Megara's ready arms weren't moving, and he fell face-flat onto the ground. 

"Megara?" 

No answer. Perseus looked around, seeing everyone frozen. His eyebrows knit in confusion and suspicion before he felt another presence and knew what was happening.

He uttered a single word, his voice laced with disgust. "Mania."

Previously...

Hera gazed upon the weakened demigod from her place on Olympus. She always had eyes on him, even when Zeus was right next to her. She simply watched through the eyes of the cows that the young demigod's army men led. The cow was very scared to her as it set a good example of nurturing, something as the patron of women and goddess of family loved and that is why it is sacred. Currently, she was watching Zeus's most recent offspring, Heracles.

She watched in glee as a young Heracles was struggling to even stand up. She knew this would be the perfect opportunity. The effects of what she was going to do would have time to set in as he regained  strength, and he would then wake up with an urge to kill. 

She closed her eyes and wished for a particular goddess to visit her. Suddenly, another presence appeared close in proximity to Hera. Hera opened her eyes just as the goddess spoke.

"Queen Hera. What may I do for thee?"

Hera spun around to see the goddess bowing towards her. "Rise, Mania."

The goddess rose, and Hera continued. "I have a task for thee that I think thee will indeed enjoy," she spoke in a soft tone towards the impatient immortal.

Mania's eyes had gone red. Her skin changed to black. Her dress started to ripple by the strong winds gathering around her. Her dress ripped at the ends, tearing up into more pieces as they started to form a swirling tornado around the goddess of insanity and madness. 

"Turn Heracles mad, so mad that he falls into a deep slumber and his worst nightmares of Megara come true. Make him a madman no one will ever forget, so mad that he thinks his nightmares are true and he kills his family." Hera's eyes were golden now, full of pure rage just mentioning the demigod.

Mania gave a wicked smile and was about to go until Hera raised a hand and she stopped. Hera's eyes turned back to brown as she spoke, "Wait until he is at the palace of Creon."

Mania bowed and turned away. No one could stop Madness, not when Madness had been given a task and must obey. She flashed off, to somewhere near Thebes.

Okay Now Back To The First Bit

"Mania," Perseus hissed.

"Heracles," said Mania with glee. She bared her claws which protracted from her hands as long nails. 

Perseus couldn't even stand upright without falling again, and Mania laughed. Dark winds started to gather around her. But lightning flashed above, a clear warning for Mania. But she wasn't listening. The dark winds were now a whirling tornado, dark clouds quickly closing in up above.