Chapter 25: Inevitable Fate

???

Jason POV

I was very confused.

One second, I was watching Perseus as he betrayed me, and betrayed Heracles when they both wanted to kill me. Rude.

Now I was going through some tunnel. It took a long time, probably as long as it takes to fall to Tartarus. I didn't really know. But I just kept falling and falling through this golden tunnel,  and I didn't know where I was headed until I emerged in a cave.

It looked familiar, very familiar. But it was caved in. Most of the cave was destroyed. Rocks jutted out from the opening, and I coughed from the dust that was obviously still there. I took a whiff and realized that someone else had been living here. 

It smelled strongly of ravens and a horse, which led me to believe Perseus and his animal companions were here.

Living in my cave.

Forward in Time

Third POV

 "Artemis isn't back yet," said a concerned Apollo.

The Elite had left long ago to attend too their own camp and duties, leaving the Olympians in the Throne Room. Most had already gone back to their living quarters, but Apollo stayed behind to wait for Artemis while the Big Three shared status reports.

 Zeus nodded. "I'm sure she'll be back soon."

 Just then, Thanatos burst into the room. "Lord Hades!" He hastily bowed to Hades and merely acknowledged Zeus with a nod. Hades smiled smugly at his enraged youngest brother. 

 Zeus was about to interrupt, but Thanatos had more important news. "I'm sorry to inerrupt, milords, but I just received a very important soul."

 "Sally?" Poseidon perked up.

 Thanatos peered down at his st his screen, squinting his eyes. "No, she's already in Elysium. I just received a soul, Heracles. As far as I know, there's only one Heracles? So how is he reborn as the very same Heracles?"

 the Big Three and Apollo looked alarmed. "Heracles' soul?" Zeus asked.

 Thanatos nodded again. "Yes, Lord Zeus. It says so right here. Except my tablet doesn't say how he'll be judged, as it has no records of his deeds and my tablet's never done that before."

 "We must raise his soul so we can speak to him, Brother!" exclaimed Poseidon.

Hades looked troubled. "But the balance of the Underworld-"

 "No one cares about the balance in this situation! Your king orders you to do it!" Zeus spoke angrily.

 Hades blankly stared at his youngest brother. Even Poseidon seemed to have troubles keeping his fits of giggles in. Not being able to hold it in anymore, he burst out laughing. Hades doubled over in his throne as it was Zeus' turn to stare at his brother blankly.

Finally, Hades sat back upright, wiped a tear or two from his eyes, and looked back towards the King of Olympus. "Alright, brother. No need to be a whiny face. And for the record, I'm not doing this because you are my self-proclaimed king which you aren't,  but for my headache's sake as it grows irritatingly painful in your presence."

 Zeus merely stared ahead, not wanting to address how gold his cheeks were. Hades stifled his laughs with great effort and started chanting. The others present watched on as Hades' chanting made a mist appear, and Heracles as a ghost suddenly formed in the Throne Room.

Zeus stared at his son. The second he saw him, he was raging with anger. Who knows for how long they had his mother? Who knows what they had done to the Oracles and other prisoners? He felt like sending his soul to Tartarus, but he managed to contain himself.