A few minutes had passed and it was already dark outside. 'I gotta take a piss.' Pope leans over me to whisper to JJ. 'Hold it.' JJ answers with his hand around my shoulder as he rests his head on mine. 'I can't hold it. I drank too much soda.' Pope says and JJ sighs. 'It's too exposed. They'll see us.' JJ tells him. 'I gotta go.' Pope says before looking back to see Rafe, Topper and Kelsey sitting there watching the movie. 'They're blocking the bathrooms.' Pope starts to panic.

'Come here. I know where.' JJ whispers placing a kiss on my head and releasing his hand from mine. 'Be careful.' I tell him and he nods. 'Hey, where y'all going?' She asks the boys as they start to walk away. 'We're gotta wring it out.' JJ replies and she rolls her eyes. 'You gonna hold it for each other?' She asks and I snort spitting the drink out of my mouth. JJ and Pope roll their eyes before walking through the crowd.

I kept glancing back every few seconds to see if the Kooks had moved and when I turned around and saw them making their way through the crowd towards Pope and JJ, my heartbeat started to escalate and fear overcame me. 'Fuck!' I mutter quickly getting up as I got up and running towards their directions, Kie follows behind me with JJ's bag. I run to the back of the screen just as Rafe, Topper and Kelce approach the boys and Topper punches Pope while Kelce holds JJ as Rafe punches him repeatedly.

'JJ!' I yell running at Rafe,  jumping on his back, Kie jumps on Topper's. I repeatedly slap Rafe on the back as he steps back away from JJ, he lifts his elbow and hits me right in the jaw causing me to get knocked to the ground. 'I thought I already told you to stay away, bitch!' He yells at me before sending a kick into my stomach. 'Kie, are you okay?' Pope yells as Topper sends her to the ground. I groan in pain as I hold my stomach, Rafe walks back to JJ and starts punching him again. 'JJ..' I groan in pain as his eyes meet mine. I could see the pain in his eyes and my heart broke in half.

I was watching the man I love get repeatedly beat up and I just lay here on the ground frozen. With all the strength I had left in me, I got up and charged at Rafe once again. 'Let him go!' I shout before punching Rafe in the jaw causing him to fall back. Kelce and JJ start fighting each other as Rafe gets up and hits me in the stomach. 'You little bitch!' He shouts slapping me across the jaw.

All of a sudden a large flame appears on the screen and everyone freezes in their spot. Kie backs away from the screen closing JJ's lighter in her hand and nods at me. 'Guys, fire!' Rafe announces before the three of them run away. I looked over to check if Pope and Kie were alright and they had a few cuts and bruises when I turned around to check JJ.

The sight before me made me sick to my stomach. His knees buckled from underneath him and he fell to the ground as he spat out blood. 'JJ? JJ?' I shout quickly catching him before he hits the ground. 'We need to get you back to the Chateau now.' I say picking him up and wrapping my arm around his shoulder as I lead him to the van.

****

After a few minutes, Kie drops JJ and me at the chateau. I quickly wrap my arms around him as I help him inside, I sit him down on the couch as he groans in pain, spitting up blood while I quickly run to grab a wet cloth. 'I wish I had more, but this is all I could find.' I say softly placing the wet cloth on his busted lip and he flinches back.

'It's okay.' He groans and I sigh. 'You know I can clean it myself, I'm used to doing it by now.' He sighs looking at the ground but I shake my head. 'Please, just let me JJ, I'm really worried about you and you don't look well. Besides, I'm on the verge of having an emotional breakdown and need a distraction.' I say wiping the cloth across his bruised, bloody knuckles gently.

I place his hand in mine and gently kiss his bruised knuckles. 'Thanks.' He whispers as I glance up at him smiling. 'You're my family, JJ. I'd do anything for you.' I said and I could see the blush appear on his face. 'You're my family too, Jackalope.' He winks at me and I chuckle. 'You want to shower?' I ask him and he shakes his head. 'I just want to go to bed.' He yawns and I nod. 'Okay, come on.' I say interlocking our hands as I pull him into my room.

We lay on the bed as I cuddle up to him, resting my head on his chest as I trace heart shapes on his palm. 'How's your stomach?' JJ asks me. 'Just a little bruise. Nothing serious.' I shrug and he sighs. 'I'm sorry, I should have protected you.' He sighs and I glance up at him. 'You can't always be there to protect me, JJ. You also need to take care of yourself.' I state. 'You're more important, I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost you, Jackie.' He sighs. 'Well, you'll never know because you never will lose me, JJ. I'm stuck with you.' I say and a smile appears on his face. 'Forever, Jackie.' He whispers as he kisses my temple. 'Forever, JJ.' I say softly as a blush appears on my face.

After a while, JJ slowly drifted off to sleep as I was still wide awake thinking about what happened today. It made me think a lot about my relationship with JJ. I was so scared and worried something bad was going to happen to him and when I saw him fall to the ground and spit out blood, I thought I'd lost him but being here with him, right now. Cuddled up together as he snores lightly beside me with his hand around my stomach.

I couldn't help but feel at home. JJ is my home and I'm madly in love with him. I just don't know when or how I'm going to tell him I love him since our relationship is still new. I just can't lose him because I have no clue how I'd react, and if this treasure hunt is going to make me lose him and the others then I don't need the gold, I don't need the money because I have everything I ever wanted right beside me. JJ Maybank. The man who has the key to my heart, the man I would do anything for in a heartbeat, the only man I've ever let in and loved. He's my world.

To Be Continued...