Chapter 22

Over the next few days I was trying to ignore Loki.
Ever since he told me he liked a girl, and I hadn't told anyone about it.
But it was hard enough since he was my guard and he had to watch me when the others weren't there, and most of the time they weren't there I was locked up in my room reading.
He understood that something was wrong and he tried to talk to me but I quickly dismissed him by telling him that he was all right.
One afternoon while the others were in a meeting and I was in my room, I heard a knock on the door.
-Who is it?- I asked.
-It's me, Nat.- I heard the female voice.
-Oh, Nat. Come in.- I said and she entered.
-Hey, little girl, how are you?- she asked me as she sat down.
-I thought you were at the meeting.-
-Yes, but I asked the others to stay here, to talk to you.- she smiled at me.
-Thank you so much. Anyway I feel pretty bad, Nat.- I said sighing.
-How come?- She asked me.
-You know Nat.-
-Well, there are several things. Which of these?- She asked, looking at me.
-Loki...- I whispered, closing the book.
-What did he do?- she asked me.
-On the night of my party he first saved me from the Flash by pretending to be my boyfriend, then he confessed to me that he likes someone and asked me how to tell if she reciprocated, then Thor asked me to dance, but Loki said that it was too late and that he had already asked me, which was not true, after dancing with him, I also danced with Thor and found Loki at the counter drinking, and not even an hour later I find myself sleeping with him. I feel guilty and I'm trying to get away from him.- I said looking at him out the window.
-Have you ever thought you could be the girl he like?- she said.
-No, Nat. Why should I? He is a god and I am only a human.- I sighed.
-Can I ask you another question?-
-Yes, you can.-
-What do you think of Loki? -
-You know what I think, Nat.-
-I know, but tell me again.- She smiled.
-Some days he is jealous, then he is understanding, finally he is cold, I never understand what goes through his brain and when I think I know, I'm wrong. Some days I would really like to smash his face, other days I wish it were just the two of us together on the sofa, maybe watching a movie and cuddling. I keep thinking about that night we danced on the roof, and the serious face of him when Thor saw us, like nothing really happened...- I sighed.
-I think you like him.- She smiled.
-No, Nat, I really think I'm in love.- I said looking down.
-I don't see the problem.- She said putting two fingers under my chin to make me lift her face.
-What do you mean?- I asked, confused.
-Well you see, I'm not Natasha.- in that moment Nat's face deformed, and she transformed into Loki -Surprise.- he said smiling.
-L...Loki?- I asked opening my eyes wide and looking at him.
-Exactly.- he said smiling -Well, back to us, what were we talking about?-
-YOU CANNOT TRANSFORM YOURSELF TO YOUR PLEASURE TO HAVE INFORMATION. YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THAT. DO YOU THINK THIS ARE THINGS TO DO?- I yelled, throwing his hand out and feeling my eyes shining.
-I...I wanted...- he tried to justify himself.
-I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO. NOW OUT OF MY ROOM AND DO NOT TALK TO ME ANYMORE.- I screamed on the verge of tears.
-Sorry...- he whispered and then left.
I fell to my knees and began to cry.
-J...Jarvis?- I called him.
-Tell me y/n.- he replied immediately.
-As soon as they come back I don't...I don't want to have dinner and I want...I want to be left alone. If they ask...ask questions, tell them to ask Loki, and make sure he tells...tells them the truth.- I said between sobs.
-It will be done. Do you want me to bring you something?- he asked.
-Yes, thank you .- I said, drying my tears.
-Do you have any preferences?-
-I would like some cookies...oh and some ice cream, thank you.-
-It will be done.- said the computer and after less than a minute a robot arrived with what I had asked for and I began to eat.
After an hour I heard voices and heard Jarvis's voice tell them what I had told him, then I heard a knock on the door.
-Honey, are you okay?- asked dad.
-Yes...- I said, feeling that the tears were about to succeed.
-What happened?- He asked.
-Go ask Loki what he did...- I said, trying to disguise a sob.
-I'm going to talk to him.- I heard Thor's voice.
-Can I come in?- asked dad.
-No, I want to be alone.- I said sitting with my back against the door.
-Can I do something for you?- he asked me.
-I want to be alone.- I said.
-Okay, when we have dinner I'll put your plate in front of the door, when you want to eat it will be there.- he told me.
-Okay...okay. Thank you...-
-No problem.- Then I heard footsteps moving away.
-Jarvis, will you do me a favor? Can you make me hear what they are saying and soundproof my room?- I asked.
-Of course.-
-Thank you.- I smiled and started to listen.
Thor was reporting to them what had happened.
-What the fuck is going through his brain?- said dad.
-Language.- Steve said.
-No Rogers, fuck your language.- Dad said angry -He was drunk he could do who knows what.- he said with a sigh.
-Tony calm down, the important thing is that she's fine.- said Wanda.
-Fine it's a big word.- Dad said then he heard something break -Thor you had seen them dance, why didn't you tell me anything?-
-I knew you were going to make a scene, so I didn't say anything.- he explained.
-Tony...- I heard Loki's voice.
-What do you want Loki?-
-I wanted to apologize, I didn't want to hurt her, I just wanted to understand why she avoided me, but I understood my mistake. I don't know how happy you can be about this but...I feel something for your daughter and she feel the same. I want to make up for my mistake.- he said.
-I am not happy about it, but I noticed that when you left her alone she was much more worried about you than she was about herself. I noticed your interest in her.- Dad said.
-I'll try to go talk to her.- Nat said.
-I'm coming with you.- said Wanda.
-Jarvis, block everything and remove the soundproofing.- I said.
-Done.- Then I heard a knock.