Chapter 12

We entered the gym and closed the door.
Peter put on the suit and I paused for a moment to observe him, under his costume you could see his sculpted abdomen, even though he was only sixteen.
-Do you enjoy the show?- he asked laughing.
-What? No!- I said looking away laughing -I simply didn't make you so muscular.- I said shrugging.
-Do I really look that weak?- he asked.
-It's not that you look weak, it's that you have too much of an innocent baby face to look strong. Do you understand the reasoning?-
-I never thought about it.- he said fixing the web shooter.
He started showing me the basics of the fight, the positions, the moves and the blocks.
Then we decided to try to fight.
-Don't be disheartened if you lose, huh.- He said, laughing.
-Very nice, SpiderBoy.-
-It's SpiderMan.- he specified.
-Yes, but SpiderBoy suits you better.- I joked, then I tried to throw him a punch, which he cleverly dodged.
He tried to imprison me with the cobwebs, but I moved quickly, avoiding them.
I tried to kick him in the legs, but he lifted my leg, knocking me off balance, and I fell to the floor.
I waited for him to approach me, then dropped a punch, knocking him to the ground.
-I didn't expect this.- he said getting up and holding out a hand to help me get up -Are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I? -
-No, I'm fine.- I said rubbing my shoulder
-You, instead?-
-I'm alright.- He smiled and we practiced for another hour and a half, when Steve came to call us, telling us that he had to introduce us to someone.
Arriving in the hall I saw a fairly tall man, with long brown hair reaching to the shoulders and a metal arm.
-Bucky, this is Peter Parker, SpiderMan, while she is y/n, Tony's daughter.- Steve said introducing us -He, guys, it's Bucky, an old friend of mine.-
-You were frozen too?- Peter asked.
-Peter, don't be so direct.- I said, nudging him.
-It's okay, don't worry.- he smiled at me -Anyway yes, more or less. The Hydra guys had brainwashed me to kill people as they pleased.- He explained quickly.
-All right, Bucky, why are you here?- Steve asked him.
-Well, I think Hydra is looking for me.- he said sitting down.
-You'll be safe here.- Nat said.
-Yes, Steve's friends are also friends of ours.- Thor said, then Dad said something humming and left the room.
-What happened?- I asked not understanding why he had gone out.
-You don't know anything? - Bucky asked me surprised, I shook my head -Oh, well, do you see that before I said that Hydra had brainwashed me?- I nodded -And...I could have killed your grandparents...- he said lowering his head.
-But you didn't want to do it. You weren't into you.- I said.
-Your father can't accept it completely.- Steve said -Can you go and call him? We should go to Fury to warn him.-
-Okay Captain, I'm going .- I said going in the direction that dad had gone.
I knocked on his door and waited for him to answer.
-Who is?-
-It's me, dad, can I come in?- I asked.
-Yes, come in.-
-Hey...- I said entering and closing the door -He told me...- I said sitting next to him -About grandparents...-
-Mhmh...- he muttered without looking at me.
-Steve told me you should go to Fury, to warn him.-
-Yes, okay.- he said, getting up.
-You know it's not his fault, right?-
-Yes, but I have to blame someone.- he said, turning to look at me.
-If you have to blame someone, that someone is the Hydra.- I heard him sigh heavily, then without saying anything he went out and I followed him.
-Let's go, then. For any problem just call us, ok?- Nat said.
-Okay, see you later.- I greeted them and saw them all go out except Loki -I'm going to take a quick shower, ok?-
-Yes, I'll be here reading.- he said sitting down.
I took the things necessary to wash myself, I entered the shower.
Memories of the night before began to surface and I tried to chase them away.
I got out of the shower, I dabbed my hair with a cloth, without drying it completely.
I dressed myself in a gray shirt with Totoro's character printed on it and a pair of denim shorts.
Then I went back to Loki and sat on a pouf to play with the phone.
After a while he realized that I was back.
-How long have you been here? -He asked me.
-About ten minutes, why?-
-I didn't hear you coming.- he said closing the book -Your hair?-
-It's hot, they'll dry themselves.- I shrugged.
-Ok. Uh, um...since I'm your guard, how about you know each other?- he proposed.
-I don't see why not.- I smiled and searched the Internet for questions to get to know us better -Let's see this, then, favorite childhood memory.- I read.
-I have it.- he said laughing -So you must know that as a child Thor loved snakes. Once I turned into one of them and, when he took me in his arms, I transformed back and stabbed him.- he said and then burst out laughing followed by me.
-I can't believe it.- I said holding my belly for laughter.
-Yes, you should have seen his face.- he said crying with laughter, after a while he calmed down -You, instead?-
-Well, I don't have a particular memory. I spent my childhood segregated at home, don't get me wrong it was beautiful, I had all the toys I wanted, but dad and mom weren't very present.- I said lowering my gaze.
-Well, if it can console you I have discovered that I am not the son of Odin. I mean I'll explain...- I nodded -When Odin defeated the ice giants in Jotunheim, he found a blue infant abandoned to himself, who was crying, me, he decided to take him with him and raise him like his son . My father Laufrey, the king of the ice giants, had abandoned me.-
-It must have been bad to discover that your life was a lie.- I said.
-Yes, quite a lot. The only person who was close to me despite knowing it was Frigga, my mother, or rather Thor's mother.- he said with a sad smile and I hugged him -What are you doing?- He said with a strange expression.
-I was hugging you. It seemed you needed it. Sorry if I bothered you.- I said pulling away, a little embarrassed.
-I didn't tell you to stop.- he said with a serious expression, I smiled and hugged him again, then we continued talking.