Chapter 17

When I woke up it was from a pain in my leg and shoulder, not to mention I was starving.
I sat up and looked around.
I was in my room.
I was finally back to the tower.
I noticed that someone was sitting on the floor reading, it was Loki.
-G...good morning.- I said, clearing my throat.
-Oh? You're finally awake.- he said getting up and smiling -Don't scare us anymore, I'm serious. We were afraid of losing you...I was afraid of losing you.- he said while I felt my cheeks warm up and my heart beating faster.
-I was afraid of not seeing anymore too.- I smiled and tried to get up, but it failed.
-Try this.- he said, handing me a crutch.
-Thank you Loki.- after I settled down we went to the kitchen and when mom and dad saw me they ran to meet me.
-You made us worry a lot.- he said, hugging me.
-I'm fine, I'm fine.- I said to reassure them.
-Two shots and three days of malnutrition I doubt you're okay. So now you say hello to everyone and then have something to eat, okay?- said mom.
-I will not make me repeat it twice.- I smiled and hugged everyone.
-Be careful how you move your shoulder.- Bruce said -Anyway yesterday, while you were unconscious, I managed to take off that metal contraption.- I instinctively put my hand under my ear and, when I touched it, he felt a little pain -The mark remained, but in a couple of days it will go away, like all the other bruises on your body.-
-Thank you very much...everyone, really.- I said sitting down.
-Yes, okay. But now eat and then go back to bed to rest.- dad said, I ate and, with my mom's help, I went back to the room.
-Listen to me honey, I have to go home today.- she said sitting next to me.
-Already?- I asked sadly.
-I have been away for three days already.- she stroked my cheek -In the last few weeks dad told me you were weird. Do you want to talk about it?- she smiled at me.
-Mhmh...Nat and Wanda already know about this thing. I wanted you to be the first to know, but I couldn't do it and had to tell someone. I'm sorry.-
-It doesn't matter, the important thing is that you feel better.- I smiled at her and began to tell her about me and Loki.
After a while, when we were done, I heard a knock.
-Come in.- I said and Dad went inside.
-Happy arrived with the helicopter.- he informed us.
-Do you have to leave?- I asked.
-Yes, honey, but I'll be back soon, okay?- he smiled at me.
-Okay.- I returned the smile and hugged her -I love you.-
-I love you too, my little one. Then keep me updated on this story.- she said with a knowing smile, then she went out followed by dad.
After a while Peter came in.
-Hey, how are you feeling?- he asked me.
-Like they shot me, oh wait they shot me. Ops.- I said laughing.
-I'm glad to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor.- he said sitting down -At school they were all very agitated, I heard the worst theories.- he informed me -MJ was very worried and Ned too, like everyone else.- he said.
-I'm sorry I made you worry. Were you on the mission with them?- I asked.
-Yes, it was so cool.- he said happily and began to tell me everything, from the day of the kidnapping to the day of the mission -When the first video arrived we were all terrified, Mr. Stark kept saying he wanted to kill him and when Bucky did notice the Hydra jackets, your dad said like "I don't go and look at the jackets when my priority is to save my daughter". Then when we saw the second, the part where he kicked you, we didn't see each other in anger and a few minutes later Jarvis found the coordinates.-
-Hey honey, are you...oh, hey Peter, what are you doing here?- Daddy said as he entered.
-He's keeping me company, we were just talking.- I said.
-I wanted to know if you need anything.-
-No, I'm fine, really.- I smiled at him.
-Okay, I'll leave you to your chat.-
-Wait a minute dad, I wanted to ask you when I can go back to school.-
-As soon as your wounds will be a little better, so two or three days.- He smiled at me and walked out.
-What time is it?- Peter asked, looking at the time on the phone -Oh god, it's late, I have to go to train, see you later?- he asked me getting up.
-Yes, see you later. Workouts for me too.- I smiled at him.
-I will.- he returned the smile then went out.
I took the book that was closest to me and began to read it.
After I don't know how long I heard someone enter.
-Hey, how are you?- Nat asked.
-I'm pretty well. Apart from this.- I said moving the shirt a little, to show the wound on the shoulder.
-Is it so bad?-
-Not too much, it was worse before.- I gave a half smile.
-I wanted to apologize, because on the one hand it's my fault, if only I hadn't told you to go out.-
-No, Nat, really. They would've got me anyway. Maybe while I was leaving school.- I smiled at her -Don't blame yourself.-
-Thank you, really.- she smiled at me -There is also someone else who blames himself for not having been present.- she said, smiling in a mischievous way.
-You don't mean...? - I asked, blushing.
-Oh yes, I mean him.- She smiled.
-Really? - I said, feeling my heart begin to beat faster.
-Yes, he used to say that he was your guard and he had to be with us.- she said with a smile -I have never seen him so agitated before.-
-You were all worried, it means nothing.- I said, looking away.
-No, trust me. While the others were arguing, he went out, I followed him and I told him it wasn't his fault, he said it was and you probably hated him, I told him it wasn't true, he told me that it was useless and was not there when you needed it. I think you should talk to him.-
-I don't know, Nat, what if I make it worse?-
-I'm sure everything will be okay.- Then she heard the ringer on her phone -It's Bruce, I have to go.- She said looking at the screen.
-See you later, and good luck with your man.- I smiled at her and she walked out.