CHAPTER 9: Heart Tells

Start from the beginning

Judy: Nick, you are so much more than that. (Judy places her paw on Nick's arm. Nick looks at her and pulls back.)

Nick: It's fine, I'm over it anyway.

Judy: But, I'm glad your talking to me serious, and I'm sorry about what happened to you.

Nick: It's fine. What about you and your partner.

Judy: Mike? What do you mean?

Nick: Your Partnership, and what is he like?

Judy: Well, he's brave, honest, and helpful. When I was little, I got bullied by a kid, and he came to my rescue me I was so thankful to him. And he's was so supportive to me when we were going through the Police Academy. He's so kind.

Nick: Sounds like you really care about him. Huh? (Nick looks at Judy.)

Judy: (hesitation) Yeah.

Nick: Do you like him?

Judy: (Judy looking down and thinking but feeling confused) I.. do.. (she blushes) and I wonder what happened to him?

Nick: I don't know Carrots, how about we go up to Chuck in traffic central? Chuck, how're things looking on the jam-cams? (Gets the idea) Wait, the jam-cams..

Judy: The jam-cams?

Nick: Yeah! There are traffic cameras everywhere, all over the canopy! Whatever happened to the jaguar and Mike...

Judy: The traffic cams would have caught it!

Nick: Bingo!

Judy: Oh ho, pretty sneaky, slick!

Nick: Yes, however, if you guys didn't have access to the system before, I doubt Chief Buffalo-Butt is gonna let you into it now.

Judy: No... but I have a friend in City Hall who might!

At City Hall, Bellwether is following Mayor Lionheart, carrying a large pile of folders

Bellwether: Uh, sir, if we could just review these very important... Sir!

Bellwether almost steps on a mouse

Bellwether: Oh, I'm so sorry. Sir!

Mayor Lionheart: Okay! I heard you, Bellwether, just take care of it! Please. And clear my afternoon, I'm going out.

Bellwether follows Mayor Lionheart, trying to keep the folders balanced and gathering the scattering papers

Bellwether: Oh, no, but sir, you do have a meeting with Herds and Grazing, sir, if I can just...!

Mayor Lionheart enters his office and lets the doors slam right in Bellwether's face, making her spill everything.

Bellwether: Oh, mutton chops.

As Bellwether picks up her mess, Judy and
Nick appear.

Judy: Assistant Mayor Bellwether? We need
your help.

Bellwether: Where's Office Kruger?

Judy: That's the other reason we are here.

We're in Bellwether's cramped little office. Judy and Nick hover over her while she sits at her computer.

Judy: We just need to get into the traffic cam database.

Nick subtly touches Bellwether's wool puff.

Nick: (mouths, to Judy) So fluffy!

Judy: Hey!

Nick: Sheep never let me this close.