CHAPTER 4: The ZPD

4:00 AM

The alarm goes off as Mike sits up, yawning as today is his day. Hopping off the bed and starting his daily exercise. Morning upside down push ups, Etc.

Judy's POV

Judy instantly as she turns off her alarm. All giddy as it's her first day. And it's dress time. Her attire consisted of dark blue pants, a blue shirt, a Kevlar stab vest, and black coverings around her wrists and ankles. She also had metal kneepads on her pants and a black utility belt with a silver buckle. The uniform is made of neoprene, allowing Judy to work in different types of weather.

Judy: I can't wait, I'm gonna be working my new rookie friend...

Mike's POV

Mike: 98....99....100

Back to Judy

Judy: Today's gonna be a good day.

As Judy slips out of her room, she see's Mike doing push ups In his uniform. Judy walks up to him, Mike looks up to see Judy standing in front of him.

Mike: Oh, Hey Judy! Morning!

Judy: Morning, Mike. Doing morning push ups.

Mike: Yeah, Just to get me pump and ready to go.

Judy: Oh, cool. "Mike looks cool in his uniform."

Mike stands up feeling energetic. While Judy stares at Mike, admiring him.

Mike: Judy, you alright?

Judy: W-What!? I'm good!

Mike: We better get going, or we're gonna be late.

Judy: Yeah, let's go bestie.

She feels embarrassed, as Mike and Judy start to walk together to the ZPD. Later in the ZPD building. Utter mayhem. Cops parade perps through the lobby... one is wearing cuffs and a plastic (not scary) safety muzzle, he complains to the Bear Cop marching him by.

Leopard: C'mon! He bared his teeth first.

We see at the front desk and find a Pudgy Cheetah Cop, happily eating a bowl of Lucky Chomps cereal.

Judy: Scuse me! Down here!

The Cheetah Cops see's Mike, but then Mike grins pointing down to Judy. With the cop looks down more.

Judy: Hi!

Cheetah Cop: M goodness! They really did hire a bunny. What?! I gotta tell ya, you are even cuter than I thought you'd be.

Judy: (a little wince) Ooo, uh, you probably didn't know, but a bunny can call another bunny "cute," but when other animals do it, it's a little...

Cheetah Cop: (gasps, realizing) I am so sorry. Me, Benjamin Clawhauser, the guy everyone thinks is just a flabby, donut-loving cop, stereotyping you, oh....