Rue followed behind her brother and Jacob as they went to approach the group of teenagers that were getting ready to surf.

"Bella!" Jacob exclaimed.

"Hi, Jacob," the girl looked surprised to see him, "guys this is Jacob."

He smiled at them, "hey, how you doing."

The two girls greeted him as he went to take a seat beside of the pale face.

"What are you like, stalking me?" Bella joked.

Jacob scoffed, "you're on my rez, remember?"

"Are you surfing?" He asked, nodding his head at the waves.

"Definitely not," Bella stuttered, handing him a twizler.

One of Bella's friends spoke up, "you guys should keep Bella company, her date bailed."

"What date?" One of the boys asked, panicked.

The girl chuckled, "she invited Edward."

"To be polite, that's it."

"I think it's nice she invited him," the girl with glasses voiced, "nobody ever does."

"Yeah, cause Cullen's a freak."

"You got that right," Tama agreed. Rue shot her brother a look, elbowing him in the side.

Bella looked at the twins, confused. "You guys know him?"

"The Cullens don't come here." Rue told her, looking at her brother, then back to Jacob.

Bella nodded, "yeah, I remember you."

Quil stared at the girl, "I'm Quil Ateara."

Seeing how Quil was looking at the brunette made Rue frown slightly, which didn't go unnoticed by Jacob.

Quil spoke up again. "So, the bike building story's true."

Bella nodded awkwardly. "Oh yeah, I taught him everything he knows."

"What about the part where you're his girlfriend?"

Rue stifled a laugh when she saw Jacobs face, she quickly elbowed Quil, telling him to shut up.

"Uh," she stuttered, laughing awkwardly. "We're friends, you know."

The trio snickered, "ooh, burn."

Jacob quickly spoke to defend himself, glaring at his friends. "Actually, remember I said she's a girl and a friend."

Rue turned to glance at the boys beside her as they continued to pick on Jacob. "Embry, do you remember him making that distinction?"

"Nope."

"So you guys have girlfriends," Bella joked. "That's awesome."