Chapter 28: Heartbreak

CAROLINE POV

CAROLINE POV

I smiled as I watched him sleep. I almost felt crying at the fact how much I loved him- truly loved him.

He slept on his stomach, his hair was messy, his lips pouty- peaceful. His soft snores making me smile but at the same time, it made me guilty. He looked exhausted last night and it was all because of me. I couldn't thank him enough for loving me even though I told him I didn't trust him and constantly pushed him away.

I got closer to his face and softly pin a kiss on his cheek. He stirs up in his sleep and opens his eyes. He asked in his husky voice, rubbing his eye "What time is it?" I shook my head with a smile "I don't know." He put his arm around my waist, pulling me to his side as he asks with his eyes closed "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I didn't want to. You were sleeping peacefully. And I like watching you sleep."

He smiles and I say "Thank you for last night, Jaxon." The next second, he turned me over to my back, hovering on top of me, his body between my legs as I chuckled. He said playfully "You know it does come with a price." He puts his hand against my right cheek and slowly slides it down to my neck, drawing a lazy circle on where the neck meets the shoulder- to where he once told me where his mark will reside. I grabbed his face, pecking his bottom lip as I said with all seriousness "Anything, Jax." He raises his brow "Anything?" I nodded my head but I was ready to do anything for him. Anything. He kissed my neck as I bite my bottom lip closing my eyes. He trailed his kisses down my shoulder and asked "Even your chocolate pancakes?" I chuckled "Even that." I scrunched his hair between my finger and gently pulled him away from my neck as I said against his lips "I'll do whatever you want me to do today. Anything- whatever you tell me." He looked taken back for a second, checking if I was playing him but he smiled and I smiled back because I knew where his mind went "Don't get cheeky with me." He threw his head back laughing at me and then capturing my lips with his.

Suddenly, he pulled back and his eyes went red. I asked, "What's wrong?" He put his finger against my lips, his eyes traveling around the room like he was hearing something that I couldn't. He looked down at me and shook his head. I nodded understanding as he gets up from me, going to the door. He looks back at me one last time as his canine extend and his claws too. He stands beside the door and I watched the knob turn. My heart sinking to my stomach as I watch Jaxon ready to pounce whoever it is that is about to come through that door.

A girl with maroon hair and grey eyes walks in. Her eyes land on me and Jaxon attack her from behind. Grabbing her by the neck and pinning her against the door, growling at her. She just smiled at him like she was enjoying it. Jaxon suddenly stopped and backed away from her "What the hell are you doing here?" She smiled "To talk to you, baby."

JAXON POV

My eyes widen as I look behind her at Caroline. She mouths with a brow raised and arms wrapped against her chest "Baby?" I quickly walk towards my mate and put an arm around her waist, pulling her to my side "Amara, stop." She sniffs around the room and said "A human? You're with a human? You're cheating on me with a human?!" Caroline looks up at me and mind links me "CHEATING?!" I stuttered "No, not cheating." I looked at Amara "We're not dating!"