Chapter 25: I Want A Name

Depuis le début

"Who?!"

"Patience, baby. The show hasn't started and you already want the spoilers? You disappoint me, Caroline."

The door opened behind me and Jaxon came running in and punched Greg across the face. Looking at my watch, I knew my seven minutes were up.

Greg cackled as he cried in pain "I know this wolf would try to hear something." Jaxon punched him again and Greg yelled"Caroline, this your answer!" Jaxon punched him twice and backed away from him. Greg said, barely conscious "Someone has their panties in a twist." And fainted right then and there.
I asked"You visited him. Why?" He stood there, scared to answer. His fish curling and uncurling on his sides. I knew Alpha King was outside, hearing everything I had to say to him but I decided against it. Not giving him the satisfaction of us fighting. I just turned around and ran away from there as Jaxon tried calling my name "Care, wait!"

X

I ran out of the building and into the woods. Running as fast as I could, holding back my tears. I wasn't ready to show them to Jaxon. I wasn't ready to let him see me cry no matter how much I loved him.
I was angry and I knew he could feel it too. Good, he should know how pissed I am.

He ran after me "Caroline! Wait! Listen to me." I stopped running but I kept moving. He caught up to me and grabbed my arm, turning me around at him. My breathing was harsh and deep with anger but he was calm and collected. I pulled my arm from his soft grip and continued walking "Leave me alone, Jaxon."
I wanted to be alone instead of blowing up at him. Because if I did- if I showed him even a little bit of anger, I will be on my knees crying my heart out. I wasn't ready. He growled "No." and stepped in front of me, stopping me. He snarled "You don't get to run away like that from me." I looked him in the eyes and said "Watch me."

I tried to sidestep him but he stopped me again"Just hear me out, Caroline." I turned away from him, I was on the brink of losing control over my tears.
I felt him get closer behind me, as he inhaled and out, his hands on my shoulder to calm me down and himself too. But I backed away from his touch and asked with gritted teeth"Why did you go to him?" That particular question made his eyes glow red but he tried to speak calmly "Because you wouldn't tell me. I had to find out from somewhere."

I promised myself I'll never let anyone see my tears but I never promised that I can't show them my anger.

I pushed him hard. Even though I knew I wasn't strong enough to push him but he let me take out my anger on him "So if I don't tell you something, you're just gonna go around and find out about it till you find what I'm hiding?!" I pushed him again but this time he growled softly "You don't get to do that to me!" I pushed him again, harder and he warned"Caroline, stop." I pushed him again and he again warned"Caroline, stop!" I pushed him again one more time and his canines grew and he roared at me. I smiled "That's why I didn't tell you. Because I don't trust you when you're angry."

He took a second to calm himself down, his canines extracting back, his eyes to his natural brown.
He said, "Caroline, I'm doing this for you." I laughed out loud like a crazy person because it was better than breaking down "No, you're not. You're doing this for yourself. If you were doing it for me, you would've listened to me. You would've waited for me to tell you myself." He snapped at me"Okay! Now it's out in the open that I visited Greg later that day and he told me that someone is after you." He gritted his teeth"Who is it?" I remained quiet as my tears were trying to break free but I did not let myself break down in front of him. He roared"I WANT A NAME, CAROLINE!" His eyes glowing again, teeth into canines. I took a step away from him and put my hand around on neck "Don't you dare growl at me." And I answered truthfully with calm "I don't know."

"What?"

I spoke under my breath but I knew he could hear me"I didn't tell you because I'm trying to figure out that part too." My gaze on the crunchy autumn leaves as I whispered again "I don't know."
Looking up back at him, his eyes were soft and his brows drew together in sympathy. I pointed my finger at him "Don't follow me." And walked past him, hitting his shoulder on the way, almost running away from him.

JAXON POV

I stared at her as she walked away. I put my hand on my chest- on my heart and said"This hurts, Tanner." I watched as she wiped her tear away and ran away "This fucking hurts."

•••••