"Smell what?"

"That gorgeous smell."

He gulped like his mouth was watering. Then he started hyperventilating as his eyes glowed green and he kept sniffing. I asked, "What's wrong, Will?" He looked all around him. His canines extending, his voice getting heavy. But he just said one word"Mate!" There was this goofy smile on his cute face but at the same time, he looked like he was about to cry if he didn't find what he was looking for.
I asked"Mate?" He nodded eagerly "Mate!" He pushed his brown hair back but it was no use. His soft wavy hair came back to its place, a couple of wavy strands falling on his thin brows. I could hear his wolf whimper out loud in his chest.

I looked to my left and I saw Patty running to us. Her eyes glowed gold. They both looked at each other and William ran to her and kept saying"Mate! Mate! Mate!" Patty had a big smile on her face too as tears ran down her cheeks. He pulled her into a hug, smelling her neck and she sniffed his hair. I had my brows raised at their intimate sight. I cleared my throat and they both looked at me embarrassed. Their cheeks were red. Patty smiled and said, "I found my mate."

They looked at each other again and I couldn't help but awe at the sight of them. They just met and yet, they looked in each other's eyes with nothing but love. Extraordinary love.

I knew I should give them some privacy. So I said, "I'm gonna go back to the cabin, okay?" They just ignored me.

I smiled as I made my way back to the cabin.

The night was falling and the only thing I liked the most was how clear the night was. The starry night gave me a sense of calm and peace considering the day I just had. Will and Patty had taken over my thoughts. The way they held each other, the passion for each other when they found out they were soulmates, it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

My smile disappeared and I wondered if Jaxon was like this too. But when we met, he was calm and collected outside my hotel door but then again, he did tell me that he was trying to stay on the low because he didn't want me to freak out. I wondered if Jaxon had gone crazy just like will when he knew at the arena. All happy and jumpy, Tanner howling in his head.

I stopped in my track because I missed him, badly. A tear fell on my cheek as I realized that today we had our first ever fight.

I run to the cabin and walked inside, thinking that he might be back but the cabin was empty. His phone was on the coffee table. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I thought about him. His eyes glowed red, his smile that I catch every time he looks at me. I spoke"Jaxon?" Hoping to his moon goddess that this works. I again spoke"Jaxon?" But no answer. Like he had blocked me completely.

He hates me right now, doesn't he?

I sighed and walked out, sitting on the steps waiting for him to come home to me.

X

I've been sitting on these steps for two hours in this piercing cold and no sign of him. I wrapped my thin shawl around me trying to find some warmth because I was too damn determined to stay out here until he comes back home.

I started shivering as I looked at my watch. 11 PM.

I heard the crunching of the leaves and I had a feeling that he was near. I ran down the stairs and to the back of the cabin and saw him walking. Not noticing that I was standing a little far away from him, holding myself in this cold. He was deep in his thoughts to even hear me stand in front of him.

I called out his name shivering "J-Jaxon?" He stopped in his track and looked up. He stood there wearing nothing but a pair of black jeans. His chest, face, and hands were all black from the dirt. I knew he was running in his wolf form for too long. I wrapped my arms around myself tighter and he was near me in a blink of an eye. He pulled me into his chest and I wrapped my arms around his waist, trying to get myself warm. The pros of having a werewolf mate are that they are super warm all the time. Cozy warm.

Rogue Prince जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें