"Fuck!" I curse rubbing my hands through my hair worriedly as Kie and I hop into the car. Pope and John B scramble into the car. "Where's JJ?" I ask worriedly. "Where the hell is he?" I asked louder when they didn't answer me first. "We split up." John B answers trying to catch his breath. "He'll be fine." Pope shrugs and I look out the window at the salvage yard as Kie starts to drive away. I didn't want to just abandon JJ there. We're his family and family don't leave each other behind. I hope he's not going to be mad at me, he's already been ignoring me all day.

Once we arrived at the Chateau, I immediately hopped out and ran inside the house looking for JJ, when he was nowhere to be found, I went back outside to the others. "I'm taking the boat and going to go look for him," I say grabbing the boat keys in the van. " Okay, be careful. We'll be at the Wreck." Kie says and I nod at her before running to the boat starting up the engine and driving away to find him.

After two hours of searching with no sign of him, it was starting to get dark so I decided to take a break and go to the wreck and see if he went there after the others. I dropped the boat back at home and walked the whole way to the Wreck. I could hear my brother and friends laughing as I entered. "Hey, Jackie," Pope says as he picks at his fries beside JJ who was taking a hit from his blunt, while my brother and Kie were dancing. "What took you so long?" JJ asks me finally speaking to me.

"It's pitch dark outside, something could have happened to you." He says trying to hide his worry. "We need to talk!" I say and his eyes widen at the realisation of what was about to happen. "Can we go outside?" I ask and he lets out a sigh. "But it's raining." He groans and I roll my eyes. "It won't kill us," I say opening the door and walking outside to the deck, JJ follows behind me. I was leaning my back against the fence as he approached me with his hands in his pocket and his head looking at the ground.

"What's up?" He asks and I scoff. "Seriously? You haven't talked to me all day and you just say what's up?" I cross my arms annoyedly and he lets out a nervous chuckle. "I-I just didn't know what to say to you." He replies and I sigh. "You kissed me first, JJ. And god I haven't stopped thinking about it at all. It's complicated and confusing, I get it just please don't ignore me." I say softly and he nods stepping closer to me.

"I didn't talk to you because I'm scared that I'm going to repeat what I did a few nights ago." He announces sheepishly placing his hand under my chin. "Why?" I ask and he raises his eyebrows in confusion. "What?" He asks. "Why are you so scared to kiss me again?" I ask crossing my arms and looking him straight in the eye. "Because if I kiss you again...I might be falling for you, Jackie Routledge. And I don't deserve someone like you to call my own. My home situation is fucked and my life is a complete mess." He says. "I guess we both have the same lives then," I say and he lets out a sigh. "And you already said this pogue on Pogue macking rule, if we go against it, it could ruin all of our friendships."

He takes a deep breath and I scoff. "I was stupid! I don't care about that stupid rule my brother made up when we were eleven, JJ." I blurt out and he looks at me as a smile appears across his face. "So, is it okay if I kiss you right now?" He says with a devilish smirk stepping closer to me. "I don't see a problem with that." I step on my tippy toes as our lips are just inches apart. "Oh, Fuck this!" He says before crashing his lips onto mine.

And here I was, kissing JJ Maybank once again. This felt like a dream and if I wake up then I will truly be crushed because there is nothing else I want in this entire world than to be here with JJ. I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I'm falling for JJ Maybank, and I couldn't be happier.

***

"What's this?" JJ asks about to press something but Pope quickly slaps his hand away and I file from beside JJ as he has his arm wrapped around my waist. "Don't touch that!" Pope warns him. "I'm trying to work out this thing," Pope explains. JJ interlocks his fingers with mine turns around and winks at me. I couldn't help but smile at the moment.