Broken Phone

Depuis le début

"Jennie..." Jisoo said again, she put her hands to her head. Jennie bit her lower lip and whispered sorry...

***

Jisoo pouted all the way while she was driving. Jennie tried to talk to her in the car but girl just drove with a stubborn persistent, neglecting Jennie who was sitting beside her in total guilt.

"Jisoo, please..." Jennie said softly, "Let's just go buy a new one, I'll pay for it."

Jisoo just pouted even more. Had it not a situation where Jennie was in a big trouble, she might chuckle from the sight of this Jisoo being all cranky.

"Please? Jisoo..."

Jisoo was still unresponsive.

"I'll buy you five new phones? What do you say? The latest version? And while we're at it, I can buy you PS 5 too..."

Jisoo looked at her in disbelief, annoyed, are you kidding me?

Jennie bit her lower lip. Jennie didn't know what happened but as soon as she bit her lower lip and gave Jisoo puppy pleading eyes; Jisoo suddenly broke her act and her eyes suddenly became vulnerable.

"Jennie..." she said finally, shifted her gaze to the road again.

"Five phones and PS 5?"

"No.. Are you insane... Listen, I've told you not to honk at me anymore," she said with annoyance in her tone but she spoke so softly, "Look now, you broke my phone..."

Please, this girl is not annoyed at me. She just pretends to be annoyed so that she can scold me. Jennie decided to go with it.

"I know I'm sorry."

Jisoo looked at her, "Stop biting your lip."

"Why? You find it attractive?"

"Jennie?? I'm currently angry at you. Can you at least take this seriously for a moment."

"Sorry..."

Jisoo let out a loud sigh, "I need to visit a phone store quickly before we go to dinner."

"Okay. I will buy you whatever phone you want..."

"No, I will buy it with my own money..."

"But Jisoo! I broke your phone. I should pay for the new one." Jennie protested.

"You've seen my old phone, I need to buy a new one anyways. You just make it sooner than I expected." Jisoo said flatly.

"But-" Jennie insisted.

"No objection, Jennie. Besides if I let you buy me a new phone, you'll keep honking at me because then you can buy me a new one anyways. So, I will buy with my own money and if you honk at me again and I drop my phone again, you will make me waste more money on a new one. Is that what you want?"

Jennie was amazed of how Jisoo could trick her like this, "Wow you're so annoying. So how can I pay for my guilt?"

"Geez, Jennie. By not honking at me again!"

"No!" now it was Jennie's turn to pout.

"At least pretend to show a fake remorse, Jennie."

***

"Jisoo listen to me, buy that one instead."

They were at the phone store, Jisoo was considering to buy a mid class phone which was released few years ago. Jennie, on the other hand, wanted Jisoo to buy the newly released phone; basically the most expensive one in that store.

"I don't have money for that one."

"Then let me buy it for you."

"Are you insane, the price is twenty times higher than my old phone."

"Was it that cheap?"

"Jennie!"

"Ugh sorry."

"Even this one is slightly over my budget..."

Jennie didn't comment on that.

"We have a change of plan." Jisoo said hesitantly.

"Don't tell me you cancel the dinner?"

"No, we'll still have dinner. But, I need to take you to a different place than I promised yesterday."

"Is that because you need the money to buy this phone?"

Jisoo didn't answer.

"Jisoo, let me buy this."

"No. Jennie. Either we go to different restaurant or I have to postpone the dinner to next two weeks."

"Can you just stop being stubborn?" Jennie tried to take the sealed phone box from her.

"Come on, spoiled girl. I make the rules here, not you. So what you say?" Jisoo stared at Jennie daringly.

Jennie hated it. She pouted.

Jennie was hesitant before answering, "Okay fine, take me wherever tonight. For your information, I'm not being desperate to spend the night with or anything, I just feel guilty so I'll have it your way this time."

Jisoo just grinned, "Okay, wait here. I'll pay this first and we'll go soon."

***