Part 24

"Hello, motherfucker!" I yell, slamming the double doors against the wall. With little effort, I spread my black wings behind me, stretching and extending them out as far as they go. The bottom feathers drag on the floor as I walk, and I present my red eyes and horns. I'm full she-devil, and I'm not here to fuck around.

"Ayca!" Fleur calls out. The man in the brown suit gets up so fast out of his chair, it falls back behind him. 'Wow, you know I'm a big fan of yours actually." He says to me, but I push him across the floor with a light thrust of magic.

"No, he's ok! Don't hurt him." Fleur tells me, running up to hug me. I turn to Loki, who already has his fists full with the brown material of the man's suit jacket, his face so close to his. He's ready to hit him across the face in order to knock him out to seize the device we're after.

"Loki." I say calmly, but still attentive. He looks over to me with crazy in his eyes, but slowly stands down, dropping the man back on the floor.

"I'm agent Mobius, by the way." The guy says, offering his hand to shake with Loki. Loki raises one eyebrow, but shakes Mobius's hand anyway. He helps him up and they walk closer to Fleur and I.

"Agent Mobius, don't touch my stuff." I say, holding onto Fleur's forearm.

"I wouldn't dare, you're pretty powerful when you look like that. I really do admire it though, very feminist-forward." He says with a smile. "But I'm sad to say that your stuff has to stay here, she's not really supposed to exist. You're supposed to be all you."

"I won't be if you kill her." I growl, raising my hand to show that I'm ready to strike him with a blast of purple magic. "I'm going to count to three and you're going to let her go."

"Now, wait a minute." He tries to bargain with me. Cute.

"One..." I start.

"Ayca, think about this." Mobius says.

""Hear me out, he might be able to help us." Fleur says, obviously on his side.

"Two..."

"Ayca stop, I think we can change his mind about your variant's fate." Loki tries to butt in. I side eye him, not lowering my hand. Mobius sighs, almost as if just accepting what's about to happen to him. As I say the word 'three', he pulls out a little round clock looking thing from his pocket and twirls it around once, sending me and my attack back a few feet to when I was just starting to count down.

I look at him, still with red eyes and a frown so harsh, my forehead aches. I try again, but am just sent back to where I started. I huff, lowering my hand. "Fine. You want to play that game?" I say, flinging a dagger at him without moving this time. He dodges it, chuckling a little.

"That was a really good throw, Ayca."

"Shut up!" I yell at him, about to charge. Loki steps in front of me, holding his arms out to stop me. I nearly bump into him.

"Ayca, please." He turns around to face Mobius. "I understand you need to keep the variant, Fleur. But may I suggest you sit down and listen to us all for a moment?" He says demandingly. Mobius nods, picks up his chair, and sits back down. I calm down my appearance a little, putting away the horns. I'm keeping my wings and red eyes. Can't be too sure around here.

Fleur studies me, almost envious of the form I've taken. I bet she'd copy me if she could.

"Agent Mobius, Ayca needs the magic that is Fleur, and she cannot survive for long without it." I snap my attention over to him. What did he just say?

"If you destroy the essence of the magic, like pruning Fleur for example, Ayca could be in trouble. She is not as strong without that part of her soul." Loki explains, taking a seat while he talks.