Part 7

Author's note: First of all, I'm loving all the reactions to the twists and turns already happening in this book! I also wanted to mention that I know there's been delays recently with getting the parts out compared to the first two books. But I assure you, I'm just busy at work! I'm still super active with writing this (:

-------AYCA'S POV-------

"DON'T!" We all shout in sync, watching the variant cut through her own abdomen. She seems to feel nothing, while I feel everything. I fall to my knees, clutching my stomach. I yelp in pain and right away I feel Loki's arms around me.

"No! No please, please don't leave me again!" He says frantically. 

I look at my body to try and find blood or a puncture, but there's nothing. I feel my energy drain as my hair turns black and messy, my finger tips turn a patchy gray and the blood in my veins grows hot and a red so dark it seems purple. 

I struggle for a decent breath, but I can't get one. I look up through strained eyes at the variant, who looks like she just did a spell to suck out all my good years and give them to herself. She looks like a brand new porcelain doll, or like one of those really pretty vampires from 'Interview With a Vampire'

She takes the dagger out of her body, her wound already healed. "W-what... did you do to me?" I ask weakly, still in the arms of Loki who's the only thing keeping me from just crashing to the floor.

"I just sucked half of your magic away. Now, tell me truly: how does that make you feel? Be honest." She says, about to bend down in front of me when Tony, who has spent the last few moments getting his suit arm on, blasts the variant back against the wall. She's thrown across the room, screaming as she hits the wall and falls to the floor. Loki takes me away upstairs while the others start a fight with the variant.

Loki puts me down on the bed and sits at the top of it, resting my head in his lap. He strokes my hair and shushes me comfortingly as we listen to the commotion going on downstairs.

I try to cry, but I'm even too weak for that. He pets me cheek with the back of his hand, trying to calm me down.

"Loki..." I try to say, but he shushes me again.

"Shhh, darling. Don't speak, I'm here. I'm not leaving your side, I promise. You're safe with me." He says lovingly.

"I think I'll be ok, I just need rest." I say, feeling my energy slowly building up again. "It doesn't last."

"Of course you'll be ok, my dear. I'm right here." 

"I love you, Loki."

"I love you so much, Ayca." He says as I close my eyes to rest, my head still in his lap as he plays with my hair softly.

Later that day I wake to Loki calling my name softly. He's caressing my cheek with the side of his thumb, and I rub the sleep out of my eyes. "What happened?" I ask, seeing his blurry face.

"The variant was transferred to the compound, you're safe." Is the first thing he says.

"Ok good, good." I say as I flop over onto my back, taking in a deep sigh. "Do I look any better?" I ask him, feeling better myself.

"You look beautiful, darling." He says with a smile, leaning down to kiss me. It gives me the energy I need to get up. I sit up, wrapping my arms around his neck and keeping him in the kiss. He doesn't mind, in fact he takes my legs and pulls me on top of him, holding me close to his chest.

"Mmm, I missed you."

"I never left your side."

"Yes, but I was sleeping. I missed you, even in my sleep." I say, hugging him.