Noodles

Rey had woken up to an empty space next to her. She groggily looked around the room and, as sleep wore off, she remembered Ben and Leia had gone shopping for the day. Mother and son were trying their best to repair their relationship and although they knew it would never be perfect, at least they were trying. Meanwhile Rey was ecstatic at the thought of having both Solos in the same room without it being awkward.

She sat on the bed and yawned as she placed her hand on her pregnancy, "Good morning, Han and...hmm...we'll figure it out later."

The light from outside made it seem it was late in the morning, and she was right. She was 31 weeks pregnant, entering the seventh month, and she had never felt this tired. No longer was she craving food for she was too sleepy to eat. Often, she would be in the main hall or outside on the balcony taking in the sun and would awake in her bed.

"Good morning or should I say afternoon?"

"Morning is fine." Rey sang as she heard Ben in her head. "Where are you?"

"Mom insists on the latest baby gear for the twins and has been dragging me all over. Be prepared. She made me buy a lot of things. She promised one more shop and we'll head back."

"I'm sure it's not all bad."

"Did you know Naboo still believes in the Jedi Order? Even though it's forbidden, they wave Jedi artifacts, robes, toys, and all sorts of things in my face."

Rey giggled at the thought of Ben's face as the good people of Naboo tried to convince the tall, scary looking supreme leader into buying Jedi robes. "If you do buy some, remember to buy two of everything, master Jedi."

"Funny."

"I'll see you later, have fun and may the force be with you."

"Shut up."

"Love you." Rey laughed out loud and decided it best to get out of bed before she fell back onto it. The new lazy Rey was something she did not want to continue after the birth.

After a relaxing bath, Rey headed to the kitchen in search of some food.

"Oh, General Hux."

"Mistress Rey." Hux voiced as he sat behind the counter.

"Again, just Rey. What brings you down here? I heard you spend most of the day up on the ship."

Hux pointed at the food in front of him, "The food is better down here."

Rey gave him a smirk and proceed to search for some much-needed food.

"Oh, good afternoon, mistress Rey. I do hope you slept well." Threepio chimed as he walked in. "Master Ben asked me to remind you to have a proper meal and to stop eating his noodles."

Rey looked down at the leftover noodles in her hands. "Ugh, fine." Annoyed, she placed the forbidden noodles back into the fridge.

"He insisted you eat that delicious veggie soup he brought back yesterday."

"Was that not meant for everyone?" Hux queried as he took another spoonful of what looked like a veggie soup.

Threepio looked at Rey and back at the soup. "Oh my, don't worry, mistress Rey, I'll whip you a batch of my famous batuuan, mushroom soup."

Rey's breath suddenly became shaky, and a small gasp escaped her.

"Oh, it will not be that bad, I'll make sure to add plenty of leeks."

Hux noticed Rey's demeanor and stood to walk over to her. When her full body came into view, he noticed a trail of blood trickling down her legs and sinking into small, formed puddle of blood below her. "Is that supposed to happen?! You droid, do something!"

"I beg your pardon! I am no medical droid!"

Rey stood still as a clamp like pain started shooting up and down her abdominal area and lower back. She did not know whether to move or stay in her present position. "BEN!" she screamed into her force bond but knew it would not reach him. She could not concentrate enough to reach him.

Hux took charge and carried Rey in his arms. Threepio followed Hux as he dashed into Rey's room, all the while hollering for any maid that was nearby. "You droid, go and get someone, now!"

Pain. Excruciating pain is what Rey felt. Though Hux laid her gently down on her bed, it felt as if she laid on an activated saber. By this point, Rey was panicking as she noticed her light blue, satin, sheets were slowly turning a shade of red.

"Okay!" Hux commanded, "Don't die! I'll get in trouble!"

"Now is not the time to be selfish, general!" Rey screamed.

"Hold them in!"

"You don't think I'm trying! This is not normal!"

"Are you in great pain?! Does it hurt?!"

"NO! I'M HAVING A MARVELOUS TIME! Ticklish even!"

"No need to be rude! I thought you were the nice one in the relationship."

"Just shut up and go get Ben!"

"Right! Be-the Supreme Leader!"

As Hux ran out the door, a hoard of maids ran into the room. They tried not to panic as they noticed the blood Rey was losing. "The medic is on his way, ma'am."

Rey nodded and tried her best to remain calm. It was not supposed to happen this way. She was doing everything right and followed the doctor's orders to the letter. It was too early to give birth, she still had two more months to go. No. She was losing her family, she felt it.

Before, when she bled back in Chandrila, she did not feel any pain. This time was different. It was all too sudden; the possibility of losing her children, Ben's children, was real.

"Ben, where are you?"