Epilogue

"Daddy? I know you not sleeping." A small voice rang. "I telling mommy you no want to play with us."

A reluctant Ben sat up from the sofa and ended the little charade he was playing on his four-year-old daughter and son. "No, don't do that, my darlings." He picked them up, one on each arm. "Daddy will get in trouble."

"Mommy said we can use your light swaber." Jade's brown hazel eyes exhumed innocence.

"Did she?" Ben played along while walking towards the balcony.

"Uh-huh." Han nodded. "Mommy said you havs to teach us 'cause we need to learn."

"My darlings, mommy hasn't said anything about using the real deal. We will continue with sticks until you're eight."

"I tolds you, Jade. We get in trouble."

"And I tolds you, I handle it." Jade may have looked like Ben in appearance, but her personality was all Rey. "We eight already."

"Are you?" Ben inquired.

"Four plus four is eight." Jade replied.

Picking up where his sister was going, Han continued. "Oh! Yes! You not know math, daddy?"

Ben had reached the balcony and found Rey using one of the end tables as a desk, yet again; she loved working outdoors. Rey, with Ben's insistence, had taken reigns of the new Jedi Order. In four years, she had managed to locate more Jedi throughout the galaxy. It was a difficult task at first but with the new alliance the Resistance had gained with the Order, new Jedi emerging was something normal.

No longer did the Jedi, or people fear the regime. After a year of back and forth between The Resistance and The First Order not agreeing with any terms, Ben and Rey had had enough. Reluctant at first, they knew it would be a challenge and yet, very little resistance did they meet. The dyads had brought their plans forward in peace meeting. The Resistance and Order would cease to exist as the new regime, Elysium, came into power. Rey would rule half of the galaxy up to certain rim, while Ben ruled the other, both keeping each other's side balanced, like a perfect marriage.

"Empress Rey," Threepio chimed. "I have these documents you need to fill."

"Ugh, give them to Ben. He can fill his part out first then pass them to me."

"I did mine already." Ben confirmed as he made his way outside, putting the twins down. "I remember being the new supreme leader, I too would procrastinate on the paperwork. You, my wife, need to keep up."

"Mommy!" Jade and Han exclaimed in unison.

"Tell daddy –" Jade started.

"– We are eight." Han continued.

Rey dismissed the paperwork in front of her and gave her children her full attention. "Eight? My lovelies, when did that happened? Did I time travel?"

"Maybe." Han suggested.

"They want to use my lightsaber because four plus four is eight."

"I see."

"Okay, my lovelies, why don't you two go get your safety gear and daddy will practice with you."

"YAY!" the twins exclaimed.

"You are still using sticks and if daddy promises to be extra careful, he can use his own lightsaber near you. How does that sound?"

"HAN! We get to see the swaber!" Jade gleefully shouted.

"Daddy, use the red one!" Han commanded. "Let's go, Jade." The twins ran inside the house, too excited to notice their safety gear was already on the balcony.

"They are too clever for us." Rey smiled.

"And yet," Ben sat next to Rey and placed his hand on her swollen belly, "here we go with another one."

"I'm glad it's only one this time."

Just then Jade and Han came running outside, remembering they had been practicing the day before on the balcony, and with their little hands, started putting on their safety gear.

"Daddy, show us the light."

Ben chuckled as he drew his saber from his belt and ignited it, gaining an amazed look from his children. Rey smiled up at Ben. She cherished her husband, her children, her marriage, her life. This is what she had wanted all along. A peaceful life with her family. The normality of it all was something she would always be grateful for and if somewhere along the line she was asked to do it all over again, she would not hesitate to say yes.

"Okay, my darlings, this is how you, um, tickle your enemy." Ben amused as he swung his lightsaber. "And this is the move that made your mommy fall in love with me." Ben winked in Rey's direction, earning a blush in return.

Rey continued to watch her family practice all the while she returned to her paperwork.

"Don't work too hard, Mrs. Solo."

"I won't." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Thank you for all the reviews and support this story gained. It started with me procrastinating on an assignment, and before I knew it, Rey and Ben were going on a journey. To be honest, I thought this would be a one-shot, and along the way, my intentions grew in wanting to give these beautiful dyads a story of love, understanding, family, and most important, completion. I may explore this story further in a sequel, but for the meantime, I shall say goodbye to Rey and Ben while I work on other projects. Thank you again and may the force be with you.