Summit

As Admiral Holdo gave a speech on how having both powers in one room could bring peace to the galaxy, Poe was desperately trying not to look at the masked person sitting across the table from him. Poe could not tell if Kylo was staring at him or maybe tunning out Holdo as he did so himself. Instead, he tried to focus on other things such as, why were Rey and Leia the only ones with a drink and pasty.

Poe would and could never forget the torture he endured in Kylo's hands. Of course, any veteran fighter knew torture, prisoners, and death were all part of war but when it happens to you or those close to you, it is something the mind cannot erase. He wondered if Kylo remembered him as much as he did or if Kylo had mentioned it to Rey at some point. Poe then eyed Rey and Kylo as he started to wonder about their relationship. What did they talk about? Was Rey happy? Was Kylo romantic? Did he sleep with the helmet? Did Rey like the helmet in bed if he did?

"What's wrong with that one?"

Rey looked up from her blueberry, iced pastry and noticed Poe staring at her as if he were contemplating how many Jawas could he fit into an escape pod. "Poe? I am not quite sure. That man is a mystery to me at times."

"Hmm..." Kylo crooked his head slightly earning a wide eye Poe to look elsewhere. "I think I frighten him."

Rey smiled at the thought, "Love, I was frightened by you when I first met you. It's the mask."

"You were? I found myself captivated by your alluring features even though you were shooting at me. I thought, 'What a cute girl, look at her trying to kill me.'"

"Ben, you are such a liar. Regardless, why are you flirting with me, pay attention."

"I would if this was not as mundane as it is."

"...come together, thank you." Holdo concluded.

As Holdo sat down, Poe was still buried in thought as his mind still pondered the thought about the relationship across the table. All eyes in the room were at Poe and it was Leia who had to clear her throat to get his attention.

"Oh, right!" Poe shook his head and tried his best to focus on the main task ahead. "As Admiral Holdo explained we are grateful to The Empire for accepting this peace summit."

Kylo had appointed Admiral Vega to speak on behalf on The Empire. Though Kylo was supreme leader, an amazing fighter, great pilot, etc., Kylo had to admit he had not been mentored much on politics. Neither by his parents, Luke, nor Snoke.

"While we did agree to the summit, General Poe, we have yet to come to the reason as to why we should have one in the first place." The cocky admiral reproached, "You can agree the galaxy does not need two governing bodies; the people would go mad trying to figure out which to listen to."

"Which body will be governing is not top priority for us." Poe was annoyed by just the opening statement of the admiral. "Our priority for this is to come to a peaceful treaty. Not to end the war, that is a dream, but to stop the fighting throughout."

"Fighting? At the request of our supreme leader, we have ceased the arrest of any re- Resistance fighters, reopen transport to the outer rims, who are loyal to your cause. No fighting has occurred for months."

"I have been to the outer rims, and I can assure you, Admiral, there is fighting going on." Holdo interrupted.

After Holdo had confirmed to Poe and Leia, fighting had not halted, Poe had gone to inspect these accusations. When he approached the general in charge, the general simply mentioned how he heard no such cease fire and shot his blaster at Poe. "Either you have some people fighting for your cause for themselves or you have failed to inform your men on our temporary agreement."

"Accusations is all you have, General Poe. I, on the other hand, have proof you have implemented spies in our ranks and troops."

Smirking, Poe retreated a holodisk from a briefcase next to him on the floor, "I have proof as well, Admiral. We had to defend ourselves against your men several times." Poe slid the disk across the table, and it was Kylo who, with the use of the force, took it into his hands before the admiral could reach for it.

"Admiral Vega," Kylo tone held anger, "If I were to watch this disk, would I witness fighting?" The Empire side of the table sat at attention, all too knowing of their leader's furry.

"Si-Sir, I had- "

"Admiral, months ago I had given an order for ALL troops to back down, not selected ones. Now I hear this is not the case. General Gilles, these are men under your command." Kylo looked at the general on his left and could tell she had no means of correcting him. "I see. When I give a direct order, it is meant to be followed."

Rey had made it her mission never to interfere with Empire business, regardless if it had relevance to the Resistance. She had told herself she was on the ship only for Ben and Ben alone. Rey only knew of what went on during meetings when Ben shared with her; she never asked, only listened to what he had to say. However, there was a particular day where she had to attend a meeting. "General Gilles, three months ago you had assured the supreme leader of the outer rim's success. How peace was won, especially on the planet Isle. Was that not the case, general?"

General Gilles waited for an interjection from the supreme leader and when one did not come, the general had no choice but to respond to the girl seated next to the supreme. "I do not recall ma'am. Apologies but who can remember dates."

Rey stifled a laugh, "I can." The general knew not to say a word against Rey. "Peace is not won by enforcing it, general. That is what got us in this mess in the first place, did it not? And you, Poe, "Rey shifted her attention to Poe, "instead of engaging back, you should have reported your findings to the Empire rather than use it as leverage at a later date."

Both sides were taken aback. It was a side of Rey the Resistance had not seen and it was a side of Kylo the Empire had not seen. They knew Kylo had a softer side for Rey but to permit her to speak for him of Empire matters was unheard of. Meanwhile, Rey was expelling a leader quality within her full of fire and passion for the people. Not the Empire or the Resistance but the people all throughout the galaxy.

"If we were to have peace in the galaxy, ladies and gentlemen, we shall need to establish a trust amongst each other." Rey continued, "The Empire will pull back troops from the outer rims while..."

"...While the Resistance," Kylo finished for Rey, "will remove all spies from the Empire, especially on my ship."

Leia drank the last of her stimcaf, stood up with care, and proudly smiled at both Rey and Ben, "What this galaxy needs is not two powers, you are right, admiral. It needs a one big one, like we had before it became corrupt. One neutral and that can never be achieved by one person." Leia kept her eyes on her prides, "It can, however, be achieved by two."