Dinner

Uncomfortable. Plainly and excruciating uncomfortable is all Kylo Ren felt.

As promised, although the key word applied here would be forced than promised, Kylo had accompanied Rey to dinner with her dear friends. He was indeed prepared to experience uneasiness but this, this was something else.

"Um... Do you have any blue drinks?" Rey asked the waitress, "Those are the best."

The unlucky waitress drew the short straw out of her colleagues and there she was, attending the Supreme Leader's table, all while hoping she did not meet the end of his deadly lightsaber if she were to displease him and his guest. Nervous, she smiled, "Of course, mistress, we also carry various fruity drinks. Your choice of alcoholic and nonalcoholic.

Rey smiled up at her and resumed to look over the menu. "Wait," Rey cheerfully exclaimed as she spotted something interesting, "what's in the Supreme Kylo?"

The pinked, curly haired waitress could feel her soul escaping her body as tried her best to keep her upbeat demeanor. She slightly eyed the man who was sitting next to Rey. Dressed in black leather pants, a long-sleeved black sweater, long black boots, and no helmet was the great Kylo Ren with a bored expression.

"Erm," the waitress cleared her throat, "It's a mixture of club soda, strawberries, and a hint of lime."

Rey gleamed with happiness and her smiled could not be contained. "It sounds wonderful. May I please have two of those. One with alcohol and one without, oh, but the alcoholic one with mint instead of lime, if possible."

"Yes, ma'am." The waitress processed the order on her data pad.

"I can't wait to drink you, honestly." Rey amused as she scanned the menu.

Kylo's attention was on the menu as well but it was more to the tone of hiding behind it rather than trying to pick out a dish. "Hilarious." He stonily inferred.

Rey had it all planned the day Ben suggested she invite her friends aboard. She had not seen them for months and wanted to do all sorts of things with them. Catch up, talk about the Resistance, tour the ship, sneak out of the ship, and of course, officially introduce her dyad to her friends. Ben said it best for her to go to dinner with them on the first day as he had important matters to attend to. Rey had seen a new swanky restaurant opening in The Supremacy and she had been dying to go. Unfortunately, Ben was far too busy with meetings and other affairs to accompany her. She then made it her goal to have dinner with her friends at Elite Mando.

The décor was something she had never seen. The floor was an aquarium with all different sorts of colored fish. The tables and curvy chairs were clear, and the lights were dim with some neon lights all tastefully placed on the ceiling, the bar, and some parts of the walls. Yes, the Elite Mando was considered a retro new restaurant where they played a bunch of old songs found on some discs, and Rey knew Ben was one hundred precent uncomfortable with that fact.

Rey had made the reservation a month prior and yet she was told there was no room. It wasn't until Kylo showed up that magically the private section was suddenly available. She was used to such treatment but did not bother to tell Kylo and made her friends promised not to inform him as well if they wanted a peaceful night. Once they were shown to their table, all were confused as how they would be seated; the Resistance fighters were uncomfortable sitting next to Kylo. In the end Rey was on Kylo's right with Chewie on his left.

Once they had ordered their appetizers, drinks, and meal. The uncomfortableness of not having a menu in front of them was surfaced once again.

"So," Finn broke the tension once again, "have you adjusted to living here?"

"Not remotely." Rey answered. "This ship is massive, and I still get constantly lost. I find myself idiotically asking for direction almost every day."

"Rwarrrrrrrr warrrrr." Chewie interjected.

"Ben suggested the same thing but having my own personal entourage is a bit too much. Plus, I don't think they would like me all too well." Rey looked around. "I'm starving."

"Love, you're always starving." Ben teased.

Rey giggled, "I'm eating for two of course I'm always hungry." Except for Kylo, the whole table shot her an odd look. "Oh, sorry. Ben and I have this – um anyway, Ben please feel free to speak out loud." She leaned into her while cradling his hand in hers and whispered, "My friends don't bite, I promise."

Kylo eyes scanned the table as they were staring at him. "Rawrrrr rrrraaar?" Chewie asked Kylo to alleviate the nervousness from all.

Kylo turned his gaze to Chewie and forced a smile. "I don't think so."

"He should definitely fly your TIE." Rey amused. "Chewie, frankly, it's the fastest thing I've driven."

Kylo turned to Rey, "When did you fly it?"

"Oh, it was that one time. Er, you know that time when we had our date on that planet we visited when we first started dating."

"I didn't allow you to fly at all."

"I know. I took the TIE for a spin while you were sleeping." Rey giggled. "When you're exhausted, you become a heavy sleeper, love. Quite easy sneaking out." She sipped her drink, "By the way, you are delicious."

"Something could have happened to you. You cannot have this nonchalant attitude while you are pregnant. What if you get stranded and all your communications stop working or get kidnapped for ransom?"

"I would use my jedi tricks to kick their asses and use our connection to contact you. Ben, you worry too much."

"And you worry too little, Rey." Ben placed his hand on Rey's belly, "I don't want to lose you, both of you."

"Wow!" Rose cried as Kylo suddenly realized he let his true self peak through, removing his hand from Rey's. Thank the stars they had their own private section or the whole ship would know the great Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader or all, had a caring side.

Rey smiled at her dyad and quickly changed the conversation to distract everyone from their little moment.

After they had enjoyed a nice meal, with a surprisingly great conversation from all parties, they had indulged in dessert. "This did not go as badly as I think it would." Rose spoke. Everyone agreed and even Kylo nodded slightly. "I have one question though," she smirked, "When's the wedding?"