Shower

Ben loved her. He loved, adored, cherished his light, Rey. Rey was his future empress, his future wife, mother to his children, and he loved her. She was this gorgeous, pure soul who had entered his life and he was all too grateful to have met her. Goodness, how much he loved her. That was all Ben had to do; think about how much he loved Rey.

Ben's gaze was focused on the marbled counter opposite of him. There was nothing on it however, he had kept his eyes locked on the counter for a good amount of time. It was when he would shake off his focus on the surface, that he would hear the commotion down the hall. He closed his eyes briefly, leaned on the counter behind him, and drank his fizzy.

He could hear the laughter down the hall. The upbeat music playing, not too loud, not too low. He tried to find his dyad's voice to ease his anxiety, but he had no luck. Ben could simply use their bond but did not wish to spoil her good time. No, he had to endure because he loved her.

"Master Ren?" a small, shaky voice brought him back to the present.

Ben opened his eyes and noticed a petite, young lady, almost Rey's age, standing nervously by the kitchen's archway and carrying a tray of five-blossom bread. Ben could tell she was apprehensive, in fact all the servants working in the lake house treaded lightly near Ben. Though he and Rey had only been living there for two weeks, the servants were already quite friendly with Rey, Leia, and Chewie. When they would see Ben or Hux in a room, the servants tried their best to become invisible. Everyone in Naboo knew of the things Ben had done and because Hux was in the same regime, he was no different in their eyes.

"Is there...is there something I can get you, sir?" the young girl inquired.

"No. Nothing." Ben replied with a calm voice. "Wait." He said as the young girl turned to leave. "Can you get me another fizzy, please."

"Yes, sir, right away."

Ben sighed as the young girl left and resumed to think about Rey. He hated people but when the love of his life asked for a party for the upcoming birth, he had to comply. A "baby shower" is what his mother called it. Ben cursed his mother's name once more as she was the one who suggested such a party.

A small party is what was promised and yet it seemed as though the whole Resistance was in his home. He was surprised to find some officers of the Order present as well. When had Rey made friends in the Order, he wondered. Five minutes into the party is all it took for Ben to feel uncomfortable. He was somewhat used to Finn and Rose but when that damn Poe Dameron greeted Ben with a pat in the back, Ben had scurried off to the kitchen.

"Are you okay, love?" Rey reached Ben.

"Yes. I need another minute. I'll be right in."

"You said that half an hour ago."

"Did I say a minute, I meant another hour."

Rey tried to transcend her feelings of ease through their bond as best as she could. She could feel the anxiety Ben felt and did her best to soothe her lover. "You will never guess some of these gifts; their ridiculous.

"Let me guess," Ben played, "blasters, armor, weapons, etc.?"

"You forgot the ship Hux gifted them." Rey laughed.

"A ship!?"

"Yes! From Hux's own collection, The Valkarian. Not as big as your ship but it's up there in size."

"Remind me to lower his salary." Ben teased.

"I love you, thank you. I'm having a wonderful time."