Jedi

Rey was delighted. More than delighted, she was in a pure euphoric state. Not only was she enjoying her first official family outing, but the place they were in, made it all too perfect.

The Solo family had traveled to Takodana, a planet familiar with the dyads as they had their first encounter on the green planet, to witness Ben's progress on the new Jedi Order. Rey was not too keen on leaving Naboo with only the twins being six weeks old, but she was keener on not leaving them alone, only to be watched by some sitters. Ben and Rey were determined to be hands on parents no matter what the circumstances.

As Ben's TIE touched the planet's luxurious, green ground, Rey's excitement grew even more so. When she finally set her foot onto the Takodana's grass, a wave of fond memories seeped into her mind.

"We have history here." Ben stated as Rey's memories had made it into their force connection.

Rey smiled back at him as he was making his way down the ramp. "Not too bad for you, I hope."

Ben was now standing next to Rey as she was pushing their twin's hovering stroller. "I kidnapped my future empress here, so not too bad."

"Make sure Jade and Han have their hats on." Leia imposed as she too came down the ramp, following Ben. "It's a bit chilly here."

"Their fine, mom."

"Are you sure? They can catch a cold in mere seconds, especially here in the middle of nowhere." Insisted Leia as she came around to adjust the twin's blankets.

Rey held Ben's hand before he could reply with an annoyed remark. "This way?" she asked as she pointed straight ahead.

Following Ben up a hill, it was then they saw it, much to Rey's pleasure, a new and glorious Jedi temple. The temple was immense and looked brand new with white marble covering most of it. The windows were stained glass, a tree path led to its black double doors, and on top of the doors, in the middle of the building, the Jedi insignia was present.

"Master Solo!" a voice rang as the family approached the lavish building. "You're early."

Ben raised his hand and waved at an elder looking man who was standing near the temple. When the family was finally standing by the double doors, the elder man smiled gently at the family. "Master Dareen, it should be of no surprise I am early," Ben replied.

"Master Dareen," Leia greeted as she hugged the old man and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, "how are you? Is my son making you work too hard?"

Master Dareen guffawed at such notion. "Hardly, general. If anything, I have years to make up the knowledge that was lost."

"Rey," Ben turned to his dyad, placed his hand on her lower back, and gently pushed her further. "This is Master Eros Dareen. His father was Master Atticus Dareen, a Jedi master who lived in hiding after the Jedi fell. Master Dareen here was taught by his father, and he now teaches his own sons, as well as other younglings in the academy."

Rey extended her hand, "Master Dareen," she shook his hand, "a pleasure."

"Rey. I heard so much about you, not only from General Organa and Master Solo, but by the Resistance. Young lady, believe me, the pleasure is all mine."

"Master Solo?" Rey asked as she turned to Ben in curiosity.

"There is conflict in every Jedi, believe me, and it is up to the Jedi him or herself to acknowledge it and understand it. There is no secret, between us, that Master Solo has yet to understand his conflict but at least he has acknowledged it. So, why I ask you, should we prosecute him for it? The old Jedi ways...were too restrained...too, dare I say it, hypocritical. Here, we strive to understand each student before a wave of darkness can sweep them away. Shall we?"