Chapter Fourteen

Why was he heading towards Cabin One? _Will, you idiot_, my brain said. _He probably wants to see Jason._
I suddenly heard a voice behind me. "Are you going to stare at the wall forever, or...?" I turned around to face my sister Kayla.
"Uhm. I was just thinking."
"About what?"
I blushed without having any idea why. "No one."
"I asked you what you were thinking about, idiot. So... who is it?"
"A patient."
"So it's Nico."
I cleared my throat and tried to change the subject. "We're playing Capture the Flag tonight, right? Which cabins are going to be on our team?"
"You're the head counsellor, aren't you? Well, I mean, we can count on the Hades cabin, right?"
"Stop talking about Nico!"
"Why? Are you uncomfortable? Did your heart skip a beat? Why are you blushing?"
I wanted to protest but, in that moment, something in my head made a _click_ sound.
Oh. Oh no. No no no no no no no.
Please not. Not Nico.
I sat down. Tried to breathe. Panic started to rise, from my stomach all the way up to my throat. I stared at my hands and tried to concentrate. Suddenly, it all made sense. That I had felt that pain in my shoulder when Nico and I were on the hill. I looked up to Kayla. "You're right."
-
"No!"
"Why not?"
"I told you no, Solace!"
"What's your problem with Percy?"
"I don't have a problem with him, I just don't want to be alone at Zeus' fist with him!"
"I don't care! If you had a fight with him, talk to each other!"
"Who said we had a fight? It's just..."
"Yes?"
He didn't say anything.
"Good." I turned to the children of Apollo, Demeter and Hermes who had followed our fight with open mouths.
"Ugh...no. Everything is fine. Right, guys?" Katie Gardner said after a long silence. Everyone nodded hastily.
"Good. Everyone to their places!"