Chapter Five

As we arrived at my bed, we both didn't know what to do or say. Solace gave me these strange looks every few seconds and finally said: „Have you ever watched Star Wars?"
„No."
He looked at me with an excited twinkle in his eye and disappeared through the door. I asked myself what the Hades had just happened as I suddenly remembered where I knew that look from. It was mine from four years ago when I used to look at my Myth-O-Magic cards. I realized what that meant: Solace was a geek.
He came back a few minutes later with one of those really old TVs and some equally old DVDs. And when I say old, I mean OLD. Like... they seemed to be as old as me.
„Please don't tell me you want to watch Star Wars", I said, annoyed.
„We have to. Doctor's orders." I groaned and he put the DVD in. While he was pressing random buttons to turn on the TV, he tried to start a conversation.
„Sooo...you and Reyna, huh? How long have you guys been together?"
„What? No, we – why do you think – I mean – we aren't a couple!"
„But I thought –"
„No!"
He stood there in awkward silence. Finally, he said: „Can I ask you another uncomfortable question?"
„Depends on what you're going to ask."
He took a deep breath. „There are rumors... about you. That you... that you've been in Tartarus. But that's not true, right?" He waited for me to contradict but I just sat there in silence. „Are you alright?" he finally asked.
„I'm fine." My usual answer.
„I mean, are you okay? Like mentally?"
I glanced at him angrily. „I said I'm fine, Solace."
He looked at me with a doubtful expression. „How many hours did you sleep last night?" I didn't answer. „Nico!"
„I didn't. I prayed to my father."
„About what?"
„None of your business."
He sighed and laid his hand on my arm. „Nico, you really need to rest and –"
„Don't touch me, please. I don't like that."
He withdrew his hand and looked at me with a concerned look in his eyes. „I'm being serious. Sleep. You convinced me, and technically I'm the doctor here so please, listen to me."
I looked down. „Alright. Because you're the doctor."
He smiled. „Great. See you tomorrow."
And with that, he left.
————————————————————————————————————————————————
I know. I'm late. And sorry. But I had so much to do! Like...having holidays. It won't happen again, I promise!