Capter One

I walked towards Will Solace, who was waiting for me to keep my promise. It was pretty iconic seeing the son of Apollo stand in front of the rising sun.

"What was that about?" he asked as I arrived at the infirmary.

"Just needed to clean the air. I think there were some misunderstandings," I answered. "So, I promised you three whole days. What are we gonna do first?"

Will raised an eyebrow. "You got some nasty scratches there, man. I'm gonna check them first."

As we walked into the building, I saw surprisingly few injured people. Will led me to a free bed. "Take your shirt off."

"Excuse me?" I asked, shocked.

"Some of your wounds are on your chest, right? I need to see them."

I shrugged and took my shirt off. I didn't really mind if people saw me shirtless. Will looked at my stitches.

"I need to restitch them. But I'm afraid they'll leave scars." He looked at my chest, which was already littered with scars. "Uhm...but I think that's not the worst for you."

"Was that an insult?"

"What? No, I - "

"I'm just kidding, calm down."

"Oh." He looked at his feet, obviously hoping that I didn't see his red face. He took his needle and thread and tried to change the subject. "I gotta ask, what made you stay? You seemed so determined to leave."

"You. You said I should trust others more, so I trusted you. Let's hope I won't regret that."

Will looked at me, stunned. "Oh, I wasn't expecting to change your mind so easily."

Then he started to smile. "But I'm happy about it."