Chapter 31: You Thought You Were Training Before?

Start from the beginning

Wanting to make a good impression, Midoriya escapes Pixiebob's grasp and walks over to introduce himself. "Hey there. My name's Midoriya. I'm from the UA High School hero course. It's nice to meet you." He leans down and offers a hand to shake. However, Kota pulls his fist back and jabs it straight in Midoriya's lower. My eyes widen in surprise as a screech of pain squeaks out of my classmate.

"What a low blow!" Iida exclaims, skidding to Midoriya's side to prop him up as Kota simply walks away with his eyes on the ground and his hands in his pockets. "You fiend of a child! A punch to the scrotum is unforgivable!"

As if to answer, the little brat scowls over his shoulder at him, hatred flickering in his eyes. "The last thing I want is to hang with some wannabe heroes!"

"'Wannabe?!' How old are you, kid?!"

I glance at Auxi, who's color has drained away from her face as she looks on in terror. "Were your siblings anything like that?"

Despite the work out we just went through, Samae gets up from his knees and growls, "Just wait; I'll show him wannabe."

"Chill, dude!" Tojuta warns. "It's not your place."

"Enough playing around," Mr. Aizawa calls. "Get your stuff off the bus. Once your bags are in your rooms, we'll have dinner in the cafeteria."

Auxi immediately brightens up and glances at him. "Food?"

"After that, you can bathe and sleep. Tomorrow, the training starts in earnest." He turns to the building behind him and points to it. "You better get a move on."

"Yes sir," we all groan and keep walking.

—————————————————————————————————————

Thanks to the red Pussycat, Mandalay, we were able to find the bus and grab our luggage. From there, we bring it to our proper gender rooms. The beds are just pallets on the floor, but it's better than nothing, I guess. Some of the boys were still so tired that after hauling their bags and things into the room, they just crashed onto the comforters. They'd probably still be there if Iida hadn't reminded us of our growling stomachs.

Most of us hurried to the cafeteria, which brings us to now. We stand patiently behind the doors with the girls until Mandalay opens them up.

"Alright, kitties," she calls and presents the long tables behind her, where Pixiebob is still setting a few things down. "Dinner is served."

Starved, we marvel at the vast arrangement of food. The tables had it all; meat, rice, vegetables, anything fit for a proper dinner. We hurry to the seats with exclaims of delight. Tojuta, Samae, Auxi, and I all pick seats near each other at the end of the table.

We students clap our hands and smile wide. "Thank you!" With that, we quickly grab our chopsticks and reach for the buffet. The room is filled with chatter of classmates and clatters of chopsticks.

It's all so good! Whether due to my enormous appetite or the food's deliciousness, I find myself carefully scooping clumps of rice into my mouth. I seriously haven't eaten anything all day, so I try my best to make the most of the meal.

"So good!" Tojuta cheers. "I might end up eating back all the calories I lost in the woods!"

"Same!" Auxi joins. "I wanna know how they did it!"

Pixiebob skates behind us with a dish of beef and stops at Samae. "You want something else with that, or are you just living off rice?" she asks, offering the platter she's carrying.