DN - Chapter Eighteen

Beginne am Anfang

"You don't? She must be a ghost then. I thought she was another addition to the group. I was looking forward to her, she seems nice." Wendy spoke while pouting.

"You're fucking kidding." I breathed in, smiling awkwardly while my eyes widened slightly.

"I HAVE A FUCKING WHAT NEXT TO ME?!" I shouted, running to Joohyun's arms.

"Mama, protect me."

Wendy laughed while Yeri, Seulgi, Joy, and I were freaking out.

"Irene unnie, don't act brave, you can't burn a fucking ghost." Joy taunted.

"Ghosts aren't all evil. In fact, most of them aren't. They have no memories of their past life so they don't have anything to be any angry about." Wendy explained, just as Irene unnie was about to freak out.

A chorus of "oh's" was heard between the five of us.

"Besides, the ghosts aren't really bloody or anything like that." She informed.

"Then how do you find out whether or not people are ghosts?" I asked.

"Uhm.." She started pacing a bit. "There's this trick my grandma taught me when she was younger...she told me that if I touch ghosts or spirits, my hand will just go through them.." She spoke, acting sheepish.

"So yeah, that's how I found out that my grandmother died two years before I was born... I never saw her again after that.."

(A/N: Was that a Saiki K. reference? Yes, yes it was.)

All of us suddenly went silent.

Uh, that's pretty sad.

Another awkward encounter. Yay life.

I patted her back awkwardly.

The first bell rang, breaking our awkward silence.

Lucky, we're saved.

"Yeri and I have to go, we apparently need books for science," I said, pulling Yeri's wrist outta there after finishing my choco pudding.

Wait a fucking minute.

If ghosts don't remember their past life then why does Wendy know her grandma?

Weird.

Well, that's Son Seungwan for you.

"Oi, Y/N. I heard you liked Choi Changmin."

I drifted my gaze to Yeri while we were walking through the corridors.

"Little tip that none of us ever told you; Don't talk to the ones whose powers fall into a category. They're all brats who think they own the world."

"So you mean 'don't talk to more than half the people in this world'?"

The ones who fall into categories fall into a percentage of people called Orderates. They have classifications and are still divided within these classifications. There's 'The Order of the Living and the Dead' they consist of healers, heartrenders, and tailors. You can hardly ever come across a tailor. Then there's 'The Order of Summoners' they have squallers; people who manipulate the wind, infernis; the ones who manipulate fire, tidemakers; as the name states, they manipulate water and in rare cases, Shadow and Sun Summoners. As far as I know, Taeyeon's a shadow summoner but she doesn't like being called an orderate. The last one is 'The Order of Fabricators' which consists of durasts and alkemis. Durasts can manipulate anything solid on a molecular level, like steel, glass, stone, or wood. While alkemis can immensely speed natural chemical processes to purify, grow and perfect chosen objects.