DN - Chapter Thirteen

Mina suddenly giggled.

"Brb melting." I whispered to myself.

"What's brb?"

"Nothing, brb? Where did you get that?" I played dumb.

"Why'd you giggle anyway?" I asked changing the subject as she giggled again.

"I can feel your stares Y/N-ie." She spoke quietly as I cursed mentally as I heard the words that slipped out of her lips.

And since I'm a genius, I just hummed in reply and put my focus back on the book.

I never wanted to marry a man. In fact, the thought of a man touching me alone made me nauseated beyond my belief.

Gay novels existed at that time?

"Oh they didn't." I didn't catch the unexpected words that tumbled from her lips.

"Pardon?" The library felt empty...

The only things you can recognize here are me, Mina, the librarian who's been awfully quiet all this time, the never-ending hall which contained shelves filled with books, the mystical vellichor of this bookshop along with the mystique scent coming from the books that you could smell even from the sidewalks outside.

"Basing on your expression, you're confused about the book," She started explaining with me listening eagerly on what she has to say, "This book was hidden at the writer's chamber since she finished the book," she continued.

"Well at least that's what I think.." I stared at her as the hesitant-filled words left her lips as an eyebrow of mine unknowingly raise in confusion.

"The former librarian here was an old lady and she loved telling me stories, as much as I hated people talking to me for no reason I just listened to her stories.."

"Stories about her children who died before her, stories about her husband and how they met, I've been coming to this library since I was a child and when I first week of coming here I've noticed that she didn't have anyone with her.." she trailed on.

"Just her and her cat, she told me once that her cat just randomly appeared in the front door of this library the morning when she turned sixty-five and she believes that it was sent by the heavens to be her friend until her last breath. Growing up I saw her everyday, she never ran out of stories it was as if she wrote stories every night just to narrate it to me the moment I enter the library." She continued speaking while giggling reminiscing the memory that seems fresh in her mind.

"She told me that she once worked as a maid in Manwoldae Palace.."

"She said that she grew up there and that it was the only place where she felt as if she was home back when she was younger, I've always noticed the devastated look in her eyes everytime she talked about it.."

"She said even if she's been working there since she was a child, she's never seen this book and only found a year after the place fell, she was surprised that it was in proper condition though it was only a bit ripped in the back and it was awfully dusty when she found it."

"One day when she finally ran out of stories to tell or so I thought she ran out, she told me to read this book, it's been my favorite ever since though it has a few damages."

"We completely went out of topic so, to answer your question no, gay book didn't exist back then. Which was why this book was hidden deep in the palace years ago by who I assume is the writer.."

Oh.

Well that took some explaining.

I chuckled, "I need to stop speaking my mind."

"Don't."

What?

I gave Mina a confused look, hoping she'd get the drill and elaborate.

She giggled as she spoke, "Don't, I like how you're honest," she said as she just stared at me seeming amused.

Ma'am I need you to stop giggling, it's melting me. And stop looking at me like that.

Well she's not stopping, I give you that.

I'm gonna scream the moment I get home.

"Agh!" I was interrupted by someone hitting my head and a vivid flash of light accompanied by the roar of thunder.

There goes my night.

Yay life!

"What are you doing to her!?"

Tf? Ma'am I hate to break it to you- No I don't, but she's the one who's melting me.

The annoying ass girl then pushed me off my chair and proceeded to check Mina.

That was painful.

Now my ass hurts.

"Yah!" I involuntarily yelled at her, momentarily forgetting that we were in a library.... Just to be reminded by the librarian kicking the three of us out.

Great.

Mina sighed and helped me stand up from the wet floor while glaring at the girl who pushed me from my seat.

"Look at what you did Jeong, you got us kicked out." She bitterly uttered to the lady with no manners.

"Me? She was harassing you, I was just helping!"

"Me? Harassing her?!" I again yelled at the girl, "Darling I get that she's pretty and all but I'm prettier and unlike you I was raised properly and I have manners," I started ranting.

"You think I'm pretty?" Mina whispered to herself as she flushed, though it was loud for both me and the classless lady to hear.

"You? Pretty? You look worse than Momo's dog!" The girl yelled back.

Who even is Momo?!

"Yoo Jeongyeon!"

Me and the girl- Jeongyeon I think stopped yelling at each other as we heard another loud voice coming from Mina.

Or the person behind Mina and is marching towards us right now glaring at me.

Yay life!

God, what did I do in my past life to deserve this?

I glared back at the girl letting out an exaggerated sigh mentally.

Ill. That girl is mentally ill.

___________________________________

Yeah.

I didn't proofread lol so sorry if there are any mistakes.

~Sav