19: How To Get Patched Up pt.2

Start from the beginning

Killua:
It's too much work to
type it out-
Come over here and I'll
tell u about it

Gon threw his towel off his shoulder and walked over to the door where his shoes were. He was about to put them on when an idea stopped him.

Gon:
Come over here
instead

Killua:
Really? Ok ig

Gon:
Why do u sound
so surprised?

Killua:
U do realize I've never
been to ur apartment right?

You've never invited
me over

Gon:
...
Oh right
My bad

Killua:
Ur such an idiot

Gon:
Ur still coming over
tho right?

Killua:
Calm down I'll be there
in a few minutes

Gon:
Ok :)

Gon walked over to the kitchen counter, hopping up and sitting on it, swinging his legs back and forth and waiting for Killua. He stared at his phone lock screen: his changed phone lock screen. It was a photo of him and Leoiro at Gon's high school graduation. Gon was in his ceremony gown, holding his diploma with a beaming smile. Leorio had stolen Gon's graduation cap and lopsidedly set it on his head. He was scruffing up Gon's hair with his hand, an expression of pure pride adorning his face. It took a lot of willpower from Gon to change his lock screen. But after it was done, it was like a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders. He didn't have to look at Retz's breathtaking smile every time he opened his phone. It was a little bittersweet- like he was leaving her behind. But I guess that's what it feels like to move on from your ex, huh?

A knock at the door derailed Gon's train of thought. He sprung off the counter and walked over to the door, opening it to reveal none other than Killua.

"Hey!" Gon cheered, giving Killua a welcoming smile. He stepped to the side, letting Killua enter the apartment.

He stepped inside, letting out a whistle. "So this is your apartment, huh?" He remarked, looking around at the apartment.

The shared residence was inviting and cozy. The two couches in the living room were paired with a shag rug and a small coffee table. Photos capturing combinations of the trio lined the walls, dating all the way back to when they first met to now. The dining room table had a vase of fresh flowers, probably Leorio's doing. Despite its welcoming appearance, the apartment was still notably messy. Leorio's medical books, Kurapuka's paperwork, and Gon's random belongings were scattered around the apartment. About ten neckties, belonging to either Leorio or Kurapika, were strewn across furniture and the floor. Looking around now, Gon wished he had cleaned up a little before Killua came over.

Gon let out a nervous laugh. "It's pretty messy in here, sorry. It's always like this," Gon chuckled.

Killua shrugged and waltzed into the kitchen, looking around. "It's fine. I don't really care," He calmly stated. Gon smiled at his reassurance.

Killua saw the note Leorio left Gon and picked it up, skimming over the lines. He held it up to show Gon he was looking at it. "You and Kurapika fought again?" Killua asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

Gon rubbed the back of his neck and let out a troubled sigh. "Yeah..." He trailed off, his voice growing heavy.

"What was it about this time?" Killua asked, walking closer to Gon but standing a few feet away so he could lean against the kitchen counter.