Shaking his head he picked up his wallet and came out of his room. Now wasn't the time to think on these lines. He had a day planned to spend with his family outside of the family and he wasn't going to let his own thoughts ruin it for him.

Kamran Ansari was seated in his usual spot in the lounge when Izaan came out of his room. He looked at his grandfather and then went back inside. This time around his medical box was in his hand.

"How are you feeling today, Abba?"

He placed the cuff around his arm and asked.

"I could ask you the same."

Izaan smiled, shaking his head.

"I'm not the one whose BP wouldn't come down the whole day yesterday."

"Trivial inconsistencies of old age."

"You say age is just a number."

"That is for me to feel good about hitting another decade. But don't tell anyone."

A small laugh left Izaan's lips. He was relieved to see the close to normal reading of the sphygmomanometer.

"Izaan."

"Yes, Abba."

"Happiness looks good on you, son."

He was checking his medicines, opening his medicine box. He stilled for a second but then kept on doing the task at hand.

"A person can't always be happy though."

"You should try."

"And if the person doesn't know how to try then?"

"You should look for the reason. It could be anyone. Any person. But just because you're afraid that it's not going to stay always, don't deny yourself to feel the warmth of happiness, son. Nothing lasts forever. But this is no excuse to not feel what you so want to feel."

He was quiet now. No words came out of his mouth to deny what Abba was saying.

"A little bit of selfishness never harms anyone. Especially for those who never live for themselves. Learn to grasp what makes you happy, Izaan. Rest will follow. Just focus on yourself for once. No second thoughts. Just you and your happiness."

He could feel there was more to what Abba was saying but he hadn't asked. He just nodded.

______

"Tell me again why this sudden plan of going to Seaview?"

Sarim asked, looking up from his phone. They were at the site right now waiting for Izaan. And soon he was seen walking towards them only.

"Because it's been a long time since we all hung out together. I was busy and you two had a couple's feud."

Hesham replied. Both Sarim and Elaf groaned. Izaan had reached them by now.

"It wasn't a feud!"

"Interesting how it's "it wasn't a feud" not " we are not a couple." I see you both."