55

Chaeyoung smashes her clock mercilessly against the floor. The clock goes dead and silent, just like the blonde has been these days. She doesn't talk to anyone, leaves the home only when she has to attend the hospital and locks herself up inside the bedroom she used to share with Lisa on her day off.

Jennie, Jisoo and their parents try to talk to Chaeyoung but the blonde wouldn't listen. In fact, she gives no damn to people who try to comfort her that loss is alright because damn those people, loss kills us and the moment she received that call a month ago, she knew she'd be dead as well.

Dara confronts her multiple times at work, pleading for her to talk about her problems but the thing about Chaeyoung is that she wouldn't even want to talk about what she feels to anyone who isn't Lisa.

"She's gone" Dara's words echo from one of their conversations after Chaeyoung returned to work.

"And you can't expect to be buried inside this pile of grief forever, Dr. Park"

"It's Dr. Park - Manoban" Chaeyoung remembers how she hissed at her back. "And I don't care what you said, Dara. I know she's still out there. I know she'll come back for me"

"What out there? She's in the urn, Chaeyoung. The one you have had in your living room for quite a while now"

"That's not her. I know because my heart tells me something else"

"Dr. Park, you do know that refusal to accept the death of someone is considered as not acceptable"

"Dara, I have a huge respect for you. But please, keep your nose outta my business. My wife is still alive, I know it"

A loud thud on the door turns the blonde's head towards the door. She huffs and curses, looking at the clock on the wall.

It's somewhere past 2 in the afternoon but she's still not ready to wake up and face people. It's Sunday and it's her off day apparently.

Opening the door, she sees her big sister and her wife smiling kindly.

"Hi, Chae. I thought we could go for lunch together?"

"No, thanks" she says when she lets them in.

"I'm not hungry"

"You have to eat, Chaeyoung. Look at you" Jisoo points. "Too skinny now and that's not healthy"

"I'm fine, Jisoo" Chaeyoung lies.

"You guys can leave me alone"

"It's been a month," Jennie says sadly. "You have to let go, Chae"

"Let what go? This?" she points at the urn. "You can fucking take this thing away. This isn't my Lisa anyway"

"Chae"

"I told you Jen, I feel her. She's alive. She's somewhere out there"

"Chaeyoung, you're being ridiculous"

"I am not," the Cardiologist yells. "So, what if I have been getting less and less rest? And so what if I keep skipping meal after meal and so what if I keep hoping Lisa to still be alive after all these messes? I am her fucking wife. And I know it when I say, she's alive"

"14 shots, Chaeyoung" Jennie reminds her. "I know I'm not a doctor but nobody will survive from such shots"

"They never let me see her!"

"Because she wasn't fit to be seen" Jisoo sighs. "She was in terrible shape and they didn't want to scare us. Put that damn information inside your mind"

"I'm a doctor," Chaeyoung snaps. "I have seen worse, Jisoo. And I refuse to believe that she's dead. Lisa is alive. She promised me she won't leave me"