43

"Jagi"

Lisa pinches the bridge of her nose. She totally doesn't expect for that kind of answer to slip out of Chaeyoung's mouth.

"You don't know what you're saying"

Lisa encounters back soon as she drops her hand back to her side.

"I do fucking know what I said, Manoban. And yeah, I don't want to marry you"

"Six years, jagi. Six years" Lisa starts, her voice is slowly breaking like her heart. "And you just want to throw it like that?"

"You don't understand" Chaeyoung looks away.

"Then, make me understand, jagiya"

"You won't understand, Lisa" the blonde spits out as she cries. "You won't understand"

"Of course, if you don't speak about it, I will never understand"

"Even if I tell you, you won't understand"

"Oh, for fuck's sake" Lisa throws her head backwards. "You're trying to confuse me. But I'm not stupid, Chae. What the hell has gotten into your head?"

Lisa asks but no question escapes Chaeyoung's mouth. That's when Lisa knows she's crying.

"God" she calms herself down before leaning in and hugs her fianceé. "I'm sorry, jagi. I'm sorry" she mumbles as she hugs the blonde tighter. "It's just that I'm ..."

"Maybe you should go out for a moment"

"What?"

"Please, Lisa. I don't want to be around you"

"Chaeyoung..."

"Lisa,"

The blonde looks away and the lawyer knows best than to stay. Muttering under her breath, she walks away through the front door in the same clothes she came in, unsure of where to hit when she barely brings her car key.

"Hello, Jen? Can you come over and ask Jisoo to be with Lisa?"

••••

"Can you get your ass in gear?"

Lisa asks a boy who's bickering in front of her with the cashier over a price of a candy. The kid stares at Lisa for a moment before walking away, candy abandoned.

"Are these all, miss?"

The cashier asks and Lisa nods. She bought 6 pack of beers and two boxes of cigarettes; her favorite that she has stopped since three years ago after her fianceé argued with her.

Stepping out of the convenience shop with a huge, white plastic bag, she crosses the road and heads straight to the park.

She finds a bench near the entrance and sits there, cracking a can of beer while lighting up her cigarette.

A moment later, her phone buzzes with a call from Jisoo.

She rolls her eyes but slides to pick up the call regardless.

"What the fuck that you want?"

"Where are you?"

"Not yet dead. I hope you're not disappointed"

"Fuck, you're funny"

"Perhaps I learn it from you"

"Anyway, seriously, where are you? I'm picking you up"

"The park"

"Inside Chaeyoung Park?"

"Unnie, sometimes you really cause me to say what the fuck"